Requisition Number: SENIO02919
Senior Director, Procurement
vineyard vines is a highly successful, privately held, American clothing and accessory retailer founded in 1998 on Martha’s Vineyard by brothers, Shep & Ian Murray. With Shep & Ian still at the helm today, vineyard vines has experienced exponential year over year growth and now operates over 100 retail locations including an outlet division, a successful e-commerce business, domestic distribution center, and expanding corporate headquarters. In addition, vineyard vines is also carried in major department stores such as Nordstrom and Bloomingdales as well as numerous specialty boutiques across the US. At vineyard vines, we pride ourselves on Shep & Ian’s philosophy that “every day should feel this good” and “if you’re doing what you love, you’ll be successful”.
As Vineyard Vines continues its transformation journey to focus on growth, capability and efficiency, a newly created Senior Director of Procurement role has been established. The role will be responsible for building out a procurement function with the primary mission to get the most value for all Vineyard Vines spend on indirect goods and services. “Most value” is defined as securing high quality goods and services at the best price possible from reliable sources. The role also requires the skills and leadership necessary to establish and implement standardized procurement policies and processes for the company. This role will collaborate cross functionally with Finance, Legal, Store teams, Marketing, IT, and other users of goods and services to enable the business to budget spend, drive negotiations and help manage key vendor relationships.
This position contributes to the overall success of Vineyard Vines. We are looking to hire a well-organized, talented and enthusiastic candidate to join our team. This candidate should be proactive in their approach, look for opportunities to improve upon existing structures and find creative ways to utilize best practices.
- Build a centralized procurement team that will be responsible for overseeing all company indirect spending
- Develop procurement policies and processes for the company and implement them in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
- Develop a procurement agenda/pipeline for the next 12-18 months by listening to internal customers and ensuring alignment with strategic objectives
- Partner with Finance and Legal to implement a framework including policies, procedures, contract process, reviews, authorization levels and approval process
- Partner with business to manage and optimize vendor contract pricing and relationships
- Proactively identify cost reduction opportunities and make recommendations to drive value
- Oversee the development, planning, negotiation and execution of vendor management strategies
- Build upon the current database of vendor information containing key contract terms for utilization across the company
- Drive continuous innovation and improvement
- Oversee the development, monitoring and analysis and reporting of key procurement metrics and spend analytics
- Develop tools and processes to evaluate and manage third-party risk
- Lead and mentor the new procurement team to achieve procurement excellence
What you bring:
- 10+ years of deep functional experience in procurement, sourcing, contract negotiation, price analysis
- Experience with procurement and supplier relationships working in Retail industry
- Experience in building or growing a centralized procurement function/team
- Experience with implementing procure-to-pay systems (e.g., Coupa) as well as contract management systems
- Ability to manage and foster cross-functional relationships that include Finance, Accounts Payable, Legal, Marketing and IT to ensure timely resolution of items in the procure-to-pay process
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Excel and ability to solve complex problems, synthesize insights from analysis and communicate credible, actionable recommendations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels and functions in the organization
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated leadership in people development
- Bachelor’s degree with analytical focus and/or procurement, supply chain, program management and/or relevant certifications
Every-day will feel this good because:
- We have a fun entrepreneurial environment filled with truly “good” people
- Every Friday we have “Fruit, Bagels, and Big Ideas” where you can learn something new from executive leaders
- Every Wednesday we have an ice cream truck in the summer to satisfy your cravings
- We have a fully-stocked kitchen filled with unlimited fruit, snacks, and drinks to help you stay energized while on-deck.
- Should you live in the city or surrounding areas and commute by train, we provide a shuttle service
- We’re a dog friendly boat and we can always use the extra hands on-deck!
- We have multiple company outings as we believe spending time with the crew outside of work is part of the good life
- We offer a generous employee discount so you can rep our lifestyle on-and-off the boat
- We offer a competitive salary package, 401-K, commuter benefits, and paid-family leave
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company is continuing to grow and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving business needs