What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We're the world's leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can't find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Gartner research and insights help business leaders make more effective decisions every day. Our Corporate Marketing team strives to understand the needs of the customers and communities we serve and designing the most effective programs to profitability meet those needs. This team accelerates sales activity by attracting, engaging and converting leaders and their teams through the delivery of compelling Gartner insights and experiences throughout the buyer journey.
Demand for high-quality, visually-compelling video and motion graphics has never been higher at Gartner. More and more, our internal business partners are choosing video as a way to communicate to their teams and reach our external clients. The Motion Graphics Designer is critical to meeting the needs of our internal business partners — Human Resources, Sales, Conferences, Product, Marketing, etc. This essential role will translate internal business-partner objectives into compelling, creative motion graphic solutions, including concepts, designs, storyboards, and animations. The Motion Graphics Designer role will be hands-on, working closely with other teams — design, content, marcom — within our 50+ person Creative Center of Excellence, and will report to the Motion Graphics Director.
What You Will do:
- Develop and deliver visually-compelling motion graphics, animations, graphic elements, illustrations, title design and lower thirds that reflect Gartner's corporate brand guidelines and industry best practices
- Ensure motion graphics solutions support specific storytelling needs of multimedia projects
- Present creative work to internal teams and business partners — often non-creative audiences
- Collaborate and share skills with junior staff on the execution of tactical projects
- Work closely with the Motion Graphics Director
- Contribute solutions to the design and workflow challenges
- Take direction from peers/supervisor/team members and fold into project work
- Multitask on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Influence the evolution and documentation of our visual identity system/brand guidelines
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4-6 years animation/motion graphics experience in corporate, agency or broadcast
- 4-6 years design experience
- Advanced experience with Adobe After Effects (including AE Scripting), Illustrator and Photoshop
- Demonstrated excellence creating motion graphics and animation and collaborating/sharing skills in a team environment
- Working knowledge of video and audio editing in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Demonstrated ability to understand and visually translate complex business topics and trends
- Demonstrated understanding of storytelling and ability to go from script to screen using motion graphics
- Demonstrated experience working with established brand guidelines
- Refined sense of animation, particularly relating to typography, infographics and logo use
- Ability to quickly adjust to new situations and maintain focus to meet tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills; very customer and service focused
The ideal candidate will be:
- Creative – motion graphics wizard with a sense for good design
- Agile – processes information quickly, knows the right resources and leverages them appropriately, learns quickly and adapts
- Innately curious – asks intelligent, logical questions to learn more and advance the conversation
- Champion mindset – embodies a growth mindset: the belief that capabilities are not fixed and can continue to grow with consistent effort. Embraces all challenges as opportunities
- Collaborative – achieve meaningful progress by working with others to produce the best work possible
- Eager – a strong desire to positively impact the customer experience
- Self-motivated – makes decisions and independently manage projects, excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills and solid work ethic
- Autonomous – highly organized with excellent time and project management skills
- Collaborative – Ability to balance multiple demands, share ideas and thrive in a collaborative environment
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Job Requisition ID:43522
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.