Stamford Health is committed to preventing the spread of infectious diseases and cares about your health and the health of our employees. To that end, if you are invited to interview in one of our offices/campuses, and you or a member of your family and/or significant other is experiencing symptoms (i.e. fever, coughing or other respiratory symptoms) and have traveled outside the Tri-State in the past 14 days, or you simply don't feel well, please inform the HR Representative immediately so we may schedule your interview for a later date.
For on-site interviews, candidates are requested to wear a medical face mask (not cloth) due to Stamford Health's universal masking policy.
The Medical Assistant will assist in the delivery of care in the ambulatory setting under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse or physician.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES / CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide patient care in outpatient physician practice under the direction of the practicing physician, physician assistant, or licensed nurse.
- Assist with other clinical and clerical duties to ensure optimization of patient experience within the practice.
- Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Prepares patients for the health care visit
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; with laboratory test preparation; sterilizing; drawing blood; prepare patients for x-rays etc.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician's orders.
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Schedule hospital procedures, surgeries and tests. Precert and obtain test results
- Handle phone calls and messages for prescriptions, notes, forms, etc.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock.
- Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards.
- Maintains knowledge in area of medical terminology.
- Practice and adhere to Stamford Health's “Code of Conduct“ philosophy and Standards for Service Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Diploma from accredited Medical Assistant school/program.
Two years job experience preferred.
Demonstrate basic computer skills.
Effective communication skills, both verbal and written English proficiency required.
Demonstrate willingness to work in a team environment.
Demonstrate flexibility due to unexpected changes in workload.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.