Requisition Number: LOGIS03054
vineyard vines is a highly successful, privately held, American clothing and accessory retailer founded in 1998 on Martha’s Vineyard by brothers, Shep & Ian Murray. With Shep & Ian still at the helm today, vineyard vines has experienced exponential year over year growth and now operates over 100 retail locations including an outlet division, a successful e-commerce business, domestic distribution center, and expanding corporate headquarters. In addition, vineyard vines is also carried in major department stores such as Nordstrom and Bloomingdales as well as numerous specialty boutiques across the US. At vineyard vines we pride ourselves on Shep & Ian’s philosophy that “Every day should feel this good” and “If you’re doing what you love, you’ll be successful”.
It is an exciting time to join vineyard vines. In order to keep up with our growing and evolving business needs, we need smart and talented individuals to join on our crew to help us to drive the Good Life!
vineyard vines was founded on a state of mind that “Every day should feel this good.“ This state of mind is something that all people experience at some point. Those moments are different for all of us, but they are important because they're uniquely ours. EDSFTG is at the core of our culture and allows us to celebrate the differences that tie us together. These diverse backgrounds are what make us stronger as a team, and it is why we are passionate about creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace where every team member can bring their true self to work. We are committed to building a more diverse Team across all channels, departments, and stores within our community.
Won't you join us and share your EDSFTG moment?
The Logistics Manager is responsible for helping to maintain and improve vineyard vines’ global transportation strategy in order to obtain short and long-range performance objectives. This person is responsible for working with freight forwarders on all modes of transportation (Ocean, Air, LTL, FTL, parcel, etc.) to develop optimal transportation solutions and best practices, as well as creating full visibility with milestone and exception reporting, from the point of freight booking through delivery. This individual will interact frequently with all levels of the organization internally, and communicate externally with factories and third party logistics service providers.
- Be responsible for inbound freight booking & purchase order management with freight forwarders and supplier base
- Manage all modes of inbound transportation across the organization (FCL, LCL, FTL, LTL, parcel)
- Optimize consolidation efforts with freight forwarders across all international inbound shipments to help reduce time in transit and costs
- Quickly and efficiently prioritize and resolve shipping problems and issues that arise by working with cross-functional stakeholders for resolution
- Help manage carrier relationships in accordance to Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Maintain best in class routings specific from each origin, to ensure optimal transit times
- Develop and maintain freight visibility & metrics; KPI’s, reports & analysis, and processes
- Provide and maintain internal cross-functional reporting and visibility standards
- Oversee timeliness of receipts & put-away at distribution center
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship based on respect and trust with all third party vendors. Implement, manage, and enforce processes to achieve best in-class service
- Own procedural and implementation setups and maintenance; EDI validation, booking and routing guide maintenance, etc.
- Develop and maintain vendor scorecards in accordance to SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Own Advanced Shipping Notification (ASN) validation for all inbound purchase orders
- Manage Freight and bill pay audit
What you bring:
- BA or BS degree is preferred
- Minimum 5 years supply chain, production and/or operations experience required
- Experience managing freight forwarders & domestic 3PL’s
- Have strong project management, presentation and communication skills
- Possess the ability to develop supportive partnerships across the organization including cross functional stakeholders and teams
- Possess and demonstrates decision-making ability
- Strong analytical skills to understand and develop solutions to complex and diverse business process problems
- Strong data management skills and with strict attention to detail
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills
Every day will feel this good because:
- We have a fun-spirited entrepreneurial culture filled with truly “good” people
- We have flexible working hours and work from home days to accommodate your personal life
- We offer a generous employee discount so you can rep our lifestyle on-and-off the boat
- We offer a competitive salary package, 401-K, commuter benefits, and paid-family leave, health savings , flex spending accounts, life & disability insurance
- We have an onsite gym as well as health & financial wellness programs to keep you active
- We offer 2 summer Fridays to take off in addition to a competitive vacation policy & holiday calendar