Requisition Number: GRAPH02966
vineyard vines is a highly successful, privately held, American clothing and accessory retailer founded in 1998 on Martha’s Vineyard by brothers, Shep & Ian Murray. With Shep & Ian still at the helm today, vineyard vines has experienced exponential year over year growth and now operates over 100 retail locations including an outlet division, a successful e-commerce business, domestic distribution center, and expanding corporate headquarters. In addition, vineyard vines is also carried in major department stores such as Nordstrom and Bloomingdales as well as numerous specialty boutiques across the US. At vineyard vines, we pride ourselves on Shep & Ian’s philosophy that “every day should feel this good” and “if you’re doing what you love, you’ll be successful”.
We are looking for a dynamic Associate Graphic Artist to develop and execute apparel design concepts for a wide variety of products including tees and accessories. The ideal candidate will have strong creative skills and a portfolio of work that demonstrates their passion for Graphic Design.
This position contributes to the overall success of Vineyard Vines. We are looking to hire a well-organized, talented and enthusiastic candidate to join our team. This candidate should be proactive in their approach, look for opportunities to improve upon existing structures and find creative ways to utilize best practices.
- Prepare and illustrate graphics for internal presentations, including CAD artwork and creating visual concepts for presentation boards
- Contribute to the seasonal graphic concept through in-depth research and trend analysis
- Work within PLM to create original styles
- Assure the timely and accurate execution of production-ready artwork
- Support the graphics team to develop and execute designs, including graphics and embroideries for tees, accessories, and other product categories as needed
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product development, merchandising and marketing
- Provide Production Team with accurate measurements, placement of logos and prints
What you bring:
- Excellent creativity, a high taste level and a strong understanding of the Vineyard Vines aesthetic
- Computer skills: Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop, experience with PLM preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to thrive in a face paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team
- Upbeat, positive attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or Fine Arts
- Passion for the vineyard vines brand
Every-day will feel this good because:
- We have a fun entrepreneurial environment filled with truly “good” people
- Every Friday we have “Fruit, Bagels, and Big Ideas” where you can learn something new from executive leaders
- Every Wednesday we have an ice cream truck in the summer to satisfy your cravings
- We have a fully-stocked kitchen filled with unlimited fruit, snacks, and drinks to help you stay energized while on-deck.
- Should you live in the city or surrounding areas and commute by train, we provide a shuttle service
- We’re a dog friendly boat and we can always use the extra hands on-deck!
- We have multiple company outings as we believe spending time with the crew outside of work is part of the good life
- We offer a generous employee discount so you can rep our lifestyle on-and-off the boat
- We offer a competitive salary package, 401-K, commuter benefits, and paid-family leave
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company is continuing to grow and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving business needs