The General Laboratory Assistant, under supervision of a registered Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician, is responsible for working independently to prepare specimens and analyzers for specimen testing in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures, and to provide technical support and laboratory support information.
- Associates degree or equivalency of 60 credits to include Chemistry, Biology, and Microbiology.
- Student in approved MLT or MLS or Trainee program will be considered.
- Good communication skills.
- Good teamwork mentality.
- Knowledge of laboratory science principles and practices, preferred.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, preferred.