Requisition Number: ASSOC02965
Associate Designer, Accessories
vineyard vines is a highly successful, privately held, American clothing and accessory retailer founded in 1998 on Martha’s Vineyard by brothers, Shep & Ian Murray. With Shep & Ian still at the helm today, vineyard vines has experienced exponential year over year growth and now operates over 100 retail locations including an outlet division, a successful e-commerce business, domestic distribution center, and expanding corporate headquarters. In addition, vineyard vines is also carried in major department stores such as Nordstrom and Bloomingdales as well as numerous specialty boutiques across the US. At vineyard vines, we pride ourselves on Shep & Ian’s philosophy that “every day should feel this good” and “if you’re doing what you love, you’ll be successful”.
We are looking to hire a well-organized, talented and enthusiastic accessories designer to join our team. This individual will be responsible for assisting the Senior Designer with the designing and development of Men’s, Women’s and Kid’s Accessories. This position contributes to the overall success of Vineyard Vines. This candidate should be proactive in their approach, look for opportunities to improve upon existing structures and find creative ways to utilize best practices.
- Support the Senior Designer in creating original and innovative accessories designs each season that are on concept, trend and brand appropriate
- Support the Senior Designer in creating innovative designs for Men’s, Women’s and Kid’s categories including bags, hats, belts, scarves, shoes, hair, small goods, socks and gifting
- Prepare and present concepts via sketches, materials, colors and trims for selection to the Senior Designer
- Assist in creating and updating concept boards, design boards and trend portals
- Assist in developing new materials, silhouettes, and accessories graphics.
- Work closely with cross functional teams – Merchandising and Production to ensure information flow is accurate throughout the development process
- Create detailed flats for presentation and BOMs
- Prepare tech packs in PLM system (centric)
- Attend required design review meetings and make any changes needed
- Assist in all aspects of daily follow-up with external and internal partners
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience in accessories design
- Excellent creativity, a high taste level and a strong understanding of the Vineyard Vines aesthetic
- Innate knowledge of fashion and trends with the ability to focus into the new direction each season
- Knowledge of accessories construction and functionality
- Computer skills: Excellent Illustrator and Photoshop skills, Microsoft Excel, a web pdm type program
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to thrive in a face paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team
- Upbeat, positive attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
- Passion for the vineyard vines brand
Every-day will feel this good because:
- We have a fun entrepreneurial environment filled with truly “good” people
- Every Friday we have “Fruit, Bagels, and Big Ideas” where you can learn something new from executive leaders
- Every Wednesday we have an ice cream truck in the summer to satisfy your cravings
- We have a fully-stocked kitchen filled with unlimited fruit, snacks, and drinks to help you stay energized while on-deck.
- Should you live in the city or surrounding areas and commute by train, we provide a shuttle service
- We’re a dog friendly boat and we can always use the extra hands on-deck!
- We have multiple company outings as we believe spending time with the crew outside of work is part of the good life
- We offer a generous employee discount so you can rep our lifestyle on-and-off the boat
- We offer a competitive salary package, 401-K, commuter benefits, and paid-family leave
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company is continuing to grow and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving business needs