Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has been leading the cloud computing movement since 2009 and has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology cloud solutions worldwide to Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, Entertainment and Engineering clients, as well as to Federal, State and Local Governments and the DoD. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner with advanced expertise in the strategy, design, implementation and operations of Cloud solutions including hybrid and multi-cloud deployments.
Smartronix, Inc., is currently seeking a Senior Cloud Systems Administrator. The candidate fulfilling this IT operations / engineering position will be capable of independently performing primary duties of the role; planning, executing, and leading cross-functional teams across the IT Service lifecycle; and, representing Smartronix during technical and non-technical customer discussions, events, or forums as required.
The Senior Cloud Systems Administrator position is a senior technical leadership role within a 24/7/365 IT Operations Center supporting clients deployed within public, hybrid, and private Cloud service infrastructures. The support rendered shall include, but not be limited to: contribution to Service Design, Service Transition, and Continuous Service Improvement activities as required – daily supervision / execution of Service Operations processes.
- Lead and execute IT Service Management (ITSM) processes such as (but not limited to): Event Management, Incident Response, Request Management, Problem Management, and Change Management – as assigned.
- Participate in planning, executing, and leading cross-functional teams in the management, operations, maintenance, and sustainment of complex technical services and environments across the customer life cycle.
- Proactively apply structured trouble-shooting techniques, technical skills, and advanced procedures to mitigate or resolve issues or discrepancies in supported systems.
- Directly consult with users and/or customers in relation to managed services and supported systems in-order-to apply systems analysis processes to determine functional specifications for hardware, software, or systems.
- Assess existing environments for opportunities to simplify, automate or introduce increased efficiency to complex technical processes.
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize events, incidents, requests for technical support, and the continual service improvement of customer environments and infrastructure under management.
- Mentor, develop, and guide junior technical staff.
- Expertise and experience with Windows and UNIX/Linux system administration
- Expertise and experience with the implementation and management of identity federation services, relational databases, user directory services, Identity and Access Management, system/app policy enforcement, OS/App patching systems, Linux/windows scripting
- Knowledge of and experience with deployment, management, and operation of scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on hyper-scale public cloud service provider (CSP) infrastructure
- Knowledge of and experience with implementation and control of the flow of data to and from CSP infrastructure security capabilities such as TCP/IP routing and subnets, firewalls, VPN configuration, advanced boundary security devices, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with selection of CSP services appropriate to customer compute, data, or security requirements
- Knowledge of and experience with CSP-specific operational best practices and the identification of their use where appropriate
- Knowledge of and experience with processes for migration of on-premise workloads in to CSP infrastructure
- Knowledge of and experience with estimation of CSP usage costs and identification of applicable operational cost control mechanisms
- Knowledge of and experience with automation and infrastructure management through object-oriented programming and scripting
- Familiarity with implementation and management of CSP-specific continuous delivery systems and methodologies
- Familiarity with implementation and automation of security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Familiarity with definition and deployment of monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on CSP platforms
- Familiarity with implementation of systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on CSP platforms
- Knowledge of and ability to edit and amend well-written technical documentation and procedures such as architectural diagrams, data flow mappings, operational run-books, etc.
The position is assigned to a 24/7/365 IT Operations Center supporting customer workloads on hyper-scale cloud service providers.
Work will generally be “as directed“ within normal business hours. Some shift, overnight, and/or weekend work will be required in support of customers and the business.
1st Shift: 6:00 AM - 5:00 PM
2nd Shift: 2:00 PM - 2:00 AM EST
3rd Shift: 10:00 PM - 8:00 AM EST
The Senior Cloud Systems Administrator will support a 24/7/365 Operations center than handle calls, tickets, service requests and incident escalation/management
• years' experience with the following:
- AWS and Azure experience
- Directory Services and Group Policy Management
- Infrastructure scripting using PowerShell and Bash Shell
- Patching and Updating deployed hosts using dedicated tools such as IBM BigFix, Windows Software Update Services (WSUS), and / or Linux Repositories
- Management and administration of MS technologies (such as Windows Server, Exchange, IIS, SQL Server, Dynamics, etc.)
- Defining, monitoring metrics, and logging strategies across multiple application, systems and services
- Troubleshooting complex systems
- Experience managing full application stacks from OS up through custom applications
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining operating systems
- Linux Operating Systems ideal
- Working with firewalls and network administration to include TCP/IP routing and subnets
- Other automation tools and scripting languages such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc. is preferred
- Prior cloud service delivery experience is preferred, but not required
Personal ideal qualities:
- Proactive, self-motivated target driven
- Customer service oriented
- Skills in presenting to / dealing with customers
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to continually learn
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Preferred Certifications; A+, Security+, MCP, MCTIP, VMWARE are preferred. Specific certifications may be required in support of customer contracts.
- 7+ Years' experience as a Systems Operator or Engineer
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- IT Operations experience (Enterprise or Service Provider) is required
- Ability to obtain a public trust or higher clearance is required
Level of Education
4 Year Degree
Clearance Level Required
US Citizenship Required