ECS is seeking a Manpower Analyst to work in our Stafford, VA office.
The ECS Team supports the sustainment and enhancement of a suite of mathematical models implemented in custom software applications for manpower planners at HQMC Manpower and Reserve Affairs Department, Quantico, Virginia. Known collectively as MODELS, these models provide key analytical tools for planners as they review, update, and develop strategic manpower policies and plans to meet Marine Corps requirements.
The Manpower Analyst will interact with ECS software developers, other contractor IT Service Management representatives, and Marine Corps Manpower Analysts at HQMC M&RA to ensure delivery of high-quality products and services.
- Interact with required stakeholders including MODELS, business analysts, testers, infrastructure managers, and PM Team to understand the needs of end users and document those needs as functional requirements
- Provide analytical review of decomposed Functional Requirements to ensure process is modeled correctly and to ensure requirements are met
- Collaborate with other teams to understand how MODELS system changes may affect the development and testing efforts
- Provide Marine Corps SME input to ensure development team understanding of processes.
- Participate in Quality Management activities
- Develop Test plans, scripts and acceptance criteria as appropriate to fully validate delivered functionality
- Support completion of required system documentation
- Support software testing, including executing test scripts and compiling test reports
- Support continuous innovation by implementing the best practices to improve technology tools and processes to increase team efficiency and technical execution
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Collaborate with Configuration Management Team to provide quality assurance support to ensure proper linkages and entries, and collaborate with the team to resolve issues
- Report, track and communicate status on issues and risks using the reporting guidelines
- Coordinate monthly/sprint reporting and development team communication
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have an active SECRET Clearance
- Master's Degree in Operations Research (USMC MOS 8850) or Manpower Management (USMC MOS 8840)
- At least 3 years of experience directly engaged in supporting the Marine Corps' Human Resource Development Process (HRDP).
- Demonstrated facility with math modeling, data analysis, and simulation techniques.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking ability, problem solving skills and a consistent record of on time delivery and customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to translate complex technical concepts into plain English
- MS Degree from Naval Postgraduate School and payback tour at HQMC
- Direct experience in either HQMC M&RA or HQMC CD&I (TFSD)
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.