Requisition Number: CASHR01527
Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening for a Cash Receipts Specialist. This position may be filled in our St. Louis or Kansas City offices.
The Cash Receipts Specialist initiates and implements all aspects of the daily, weekly and monthly cash reconciliation process. Essential job functions include:
- Verifies and posts accounts receivable transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
- Analyzes general ledger to ensure reconciliation with detail ledger or supporting schedule.
- Maintains and reconciles general ledger accounts pertaining to accounts receivable.
- Receives, deposits, and posts all checks to the accounting system.
- Sorts and files documents after posting.
- Follows established procedures for processing receipts, cash, etc.
- Utilizes computerized accounting and billing software programs.
- Responsible for preparing daily cash flow analysis and monthly reconciliation documents.
- Maintains telephone and personal contact with clients, attorneys and staff on accounts receivable matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The physical activity of this position:
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive Motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The physical requirements of this position:
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision:
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position:
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
- High School Diploma or GED required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years’ relevant accounting experience preferred, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Ability to process accounts receivable payments quickly, efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to perform effectively with moderate supervision and within established time limits and on-going deadlines.
- Technical experience with Elite Enterprise and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and much more.
Please click the “Apply Now“ button at the top of the page to apply. Please include a cover letter and resume.