Payroll Specialist I
Aston Carter is looking for a qualified Payroll Specialist who is interested in starting their next career opportunity with a growing manufacturing company.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO BE PERFORMED:
* Work involves sensitive and confidential information; discretion is essential
* Responsible to process the hourly union payroll, including balancing and reconciling all payroll figures
* Verifies payroll, including overtime, shift pay, personal time, vacation time, any incentive payments, etc.
* Prepare reports as required reconciling hours and dollars as they transfer through the various systems (Timeclock Plus, Deltek Time and Expense, Costpoint and ADP)
* Prepare various payment request forms relating to payroll deduction remittances and process garnishments as necessary
* Answer payroll inquiries from a variety of sources, including employees, management, governmental agencies, auditors, etc.
* Prepare journal entries to record the payroll
* Reconcile payroll related accounts
* Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy in a multi-task environment
* Perform other related accounting duties as required
SPECIFIC SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Working knowledge of computerized payroll systems, ADP specifically a plus
* Experience with Costpoint, Deltek Time and Expense, and Time Clock Plus beneficial
* Proficient in Excel critical (Pivot Tables and VLOOKUPs)
* Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.