Are you ready to join the highest-rated healthcare team in the greater St. Louis area? Do you want to work in an environment that will grow your skills and medical knowledge? At Total Access, we are changing how healthcare is delivered.
Total Access Urgent Care (TAUC) has been proudly providing top-ranked patient care for St. Louis communities since 2008. TAUC (pronounced “talk“) began with the belief that patients should have access to fast, friendly, and affordable care. We have state-of-the-art onsite digital X-ray, CT scan, Ultrasound, EKG, and common laboratory assays. Our services include IV hydration and medication administration, laceration suturing, reduction and splinting minor fractures and dislocations, and abscess drainage. We aim to show the world how healthcare can be delivered.
- Pay: $17/hour post-training ($16/hour during training + $1 after scribe training) with time-based raises and multiple opportunities for performance and leadership achievements. Making $19/hour is easy to accomplish within nine months (often sooner).
- Who: We are looking for Full-Time Teammates (to start after college graduation) or Part-Time Teammates (to start full-time during summer and work part-time during the school year).
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Free care at TAUC locations, 401(k), PTO, Gym membership.
- Schedule: Flexible schedule - can have certain weekday(s) off for classes, family, etc. Work 3 days per week, alternating weekends/holidays. Overtime is unlimited.
- Hours: Shifts are 8a-8p.
- Locations: Most shifts at your closest 10 locations.
- Culture: Join the highest rated healthcare provider in St. Louis. Fast, friendly, affordable healthcare.
- Growth: Opportunities for you to learn new skills, achieve, and earn more.
- Impact: Make a difference in our patients' lives every day you come to work.
- Support: Report to an extraordinary medical scribe whose main goal is your success.
- Response: We promise to email you back within 7 days. What are you waiting for? Apply today.
Working as a Physician Facilitator (known at other places as a “medical scribe“) is one of the best opportunities for you to start your career in the medical field. You will work directly with accomplished physicians and experienced advanced practice providers, who love having you on the team and are eager to teach. You will enhance your knowledge of medical procedures, all while being a valued member of an inspiring team.
At Total Access Urgent Care, we call our scribes Physician Facilitators (PFs) because their capabilities extend far beyond the capabilities of traditional scribes. Traditional responsibilities of a scribe include:
- Document patient history, physical exam findings, and procedures
- Place orders for lab tests, imaging tests, and medications
- Monitor lab and imaging results
- Record diagnoses and choose appropriate discharge and follow-up instructions
Along with working alongside our providers and performing all the traditional duties of a scribe, our PFs also perform hands-on patient care. PFs learn how to perform all the duties of a tech, which include:
- Perform initial vitals and assessments of patients
- Collect lab specimens, such as strep swabs, flu swabs, and urine specimens
- Draw blood and initiate IVs
- Perform lab tests
- Dispense medications via oral, intramuscular, and intravenous routes
- Clean wounds and apply splints
- Complete freshman level of college with plans to pursue a career in the medical field
- Full-Time (3 days a week)
- 12-hour shifts (no overnights), alternate weekends, alternate holidays
- Reliable transportation
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years old
- Desire to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong attention to detail in written and oral communications
- Commitment to Urgent Care Group’s core values: Kindness, Impact, Teamwork, Efficiency, and Integrity
- Check out our Google Reviews. We love what we do.
- Clear, consistent path for higher pay by earning achievements for performance and positivity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short Term Disability insurance
- Free care for you, your spouse, and children (25 years and younger) at all TAUC locations
- 401(k) plan with both employer match and profit sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Free Gym Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with free confidential support when you need it. EAP offers counseling and resources to support your wellbeing, including legal, financial, childcare, eldercare, and individual (or family) counseling.
- Leadership and growth opportunities
- Peer to peer recognition program: Teammates can publicly recognize you for the hard work you do. Earn bonuses and gift cards for displaying our core values every shift.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees and patients.
**Feel free to reach out at [email protected] if you have any questions.**