Cashier: Riverboats at the Gateway Arch
Be a part of the Riverboats at the Gateway Arch team by working as a cashier in ticket sales, the Riverboat Gift Shop, concession sales, and at the Paddlewheel Café! As a Riverboat cashier you will get to experience participating in daily sightseeing cruises and specialty cruises up and down the Mississippi River! Please see below for additional information regarding position expectations, skills, and requirements.
- Always have a positive, friendly, and approachable demeanor while having fun!
- Continually exceed guests’ expectations by always having a guest first attitude.
- Be prompt and accountable when you are scheduled to work.
- Follow the dress code by wearing your uniform.
- Avoid dying hair unnatural colors (pink, blue, green, etc.).
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Ensure work location remains fully stocked throughout shift.
- Engage incoming and departing guests in a warm, genuine and friendly manner, answer guest inquiry line, provide directions, and help maintain cleanliness and organization of dock when working as a greeter.
- Maintain an alert, professional posture when not actively engaged in guest transactions.
- Act as runner on dinner and specialty cruises when necessary.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must pass drug and alcohol screening.
- Must pass background check.
- Must pass math proficiency questionnaire (located on employee application).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Possess a friendly and guest service attitude while selling event tickets, working in the gift shop, and operating the riverboat concessions
- Proper cash handling and credit card skills
- Possess knowledge of pricing, menu items, and general cruise information.
- Ability to learn ticketing computer
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized work station
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- All employees receive a FREE Metro Transit pass. Good for unlimited rides on MetroLink and MetroBus.
- New employees receive two free tickets, for you and a guest, to the St. Louis Riverfront Cruise. Tickets cannot be sold or given away.
- New employees enjoy a buy one ticket get one free discount for the Skyline Dinner Cruise.
Typical Summer Season (Memorial Day to Labor Day) Hours of Operation are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Typical Winter Season (Labor Day to Memorial Day) Hours of Operation are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
Busiest Times of the Year:
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day Weekend
- New Year’s Eve
*It is important to note that although we attempt to be as flexible as possible in scheduling, it is difficult to receive time off around holidays.
Bi-State Development is an equal opportunity/ access / affirmative action/ pro-disabled and veteran employer. Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.