Bartender: Riverboats at the Gateway Arch
Enjoy bartending? What if you had the chance to tend bar on the Riverboats at the Gateway Arch as they navigate up and down the Mississippi River? The Riverboats at the Gateway Arch are looking to employ energetic and guest-oriented bartenders to serve during our dinner, specialty, and private cruises, as well as at our dockside events. Please see below for further position expectations, skills, and requirements.
- Always have a positive, friendly, and approachable demeanor while having fun!
- Continually exceed guests’ expectations by always having a guest first attitude.
- Be prompt and accountable when you are scheduled to work.
- Follow the dress code by wearing your uniform.
- Avoid dying hair unnatural colors (pink, blue, green, etc.).
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Engage incoming and departing guests in a warm, genuine and friendly manner, answer guest inquiry line, provide directions, and help maintain cleanliness and organization of dock when working as a greeter.
- Maintain an alert, professional posture when not actively engaged in guest transactions.
- Ensure bar remains fully stocked throughout shift.
- Act as runner on dinner and specialty cruises when necessary.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Must pass alcohol and drug screening.
- Must pass basic background check.
- Must pass math proficiency questionnaire (located in employee application).
- Must have some previous bartending experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ensure efficient and friendly service to all guests
- Ability to handle cash and use cash registers
- Possess knowledge of pricing, menu items, and general cruise information.
- Maintain highest standards of cleanliness
- Ability to learn and follow rules and procedures related to order taking
- Ability to thoroughly learn available beverages, cocktails, brands, and prices
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- All employees receive a FREE Metro Transit pass. Good for unlimited rides on MetroLink and MetroBus.
- New employees receive two free tickets, for you and a guest, to the St. Louis Riverfront Cruise. Tickets cannot be sold or given away.
- New employees enjoy a buy one ticket get one free discount for the Skyline Dinner Cruise.
Typical Summer Season (Memorial Day to Labor Day) Hours of Operation are 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Typical Winter Season (Labor Day to Memorial Day) Hours of Operation are 7 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
Busiest Times of the Year:
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day Weekend
- New Year’s Eve
*It is important to note that although we attempt to be as flexible as possible in scheduling, it is difficult to receive time off around holidays.
Bi-State Development is an equal opportunity/ access / affirmative action/ pro-disabled and veteran employer. Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.