Provide excellent customer service while conducting contracted services in conjunction with both Asset Advantage contracted activities, as well as ensuring product readiness for patient utilization for a wide range ofHill-Rom beds and surfaces. This position requires direct customer and patient contact and will include patient transfers. Product readiness involves cleaning and preparing equipment for use once it has been returned to inventory. This position also utilizes a PC based computer system to track medical equipment throughout a healthcare facility or facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Otherduties may be assigned:
Safety & Compliance
- Participate in all safety meetings.
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach towards safety and health in compliance with all company,governmental and customer regulations in the areas of HAZCOM, ECP/ICP, Joint Commission, HIPAA, substance abuse/drug free workplace, Standards of EthicalBusiness Conduct, back safety and patient transfer protocols and maintenance of a clean/safe work environment.
- Successfully complete all required safety and compliance learning modules on a timely basis.
- Complete all medical testing in a timely manner.
- Sustain a clean and safe work environment, including 5S activities.
- Identify safety concerns and correct as necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds using appropriate processes, including proper safety and ergonomic procedures.
- Comprehend all training material provided and follow all SOPs.
Equipment Management & Maintenance
- Ability to move and maneuver Hill-Rom products within healthcare facilities unassisted using appropriate processes and safety techniques.
- Conduct daily verification rounds and perform equipment decontamination procedures according to company and customer guidelines.
- Ability to assist nursing staff in transferring patients from existing beds onto Hill-Rom products or interim stretchers.
- Participate in delivery and retrieval of oxygen tanks (site specific for tank programs)and/or equipment to and from designated areas throughout the health carefacility.
- Maintain inventory of specialty gases and place vendor orders when needed (tank programs only).
- Proper utilization and maintenance of facilities and product being managed.
- Assist with tracking and pulling assets due for preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for the completion of day to day activities assigned.
- Identify and communicate problems to management or Asset Coordinator.
- Ability to troubleshoot and complete minor repairs to Hill-Rom products to correct problems pertaining to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, orcosmetic features, unassisted.
- Ability to perform routine cleaning & maintenance procedures on various Hill-Rom products.
- Ability to perform preinstallation maintenance, including preventive maintenance and before patient inspection and modification procedures on various Hill-Romproducts, unassisted, to include:
- Ability to visually, audibly and manually inspect Hill-Rom products for electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or cosmetic problems requiring adjustment orrepair.
- Ability to utilize the appropriate tools in making required adjustments and repairs.
- Ability to monitor the readings of electronic meters and gauges.
- Ability to receive and respond to audible and visual signals on a smartphone, tablets and other technology devices to provide on-call coverage to customer accounts.
- Ability to provide on-call coverage, up to 7/24 basis, which may require customer accountvisits.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing daily schedule of activities.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in order to plan and organize effectively to satisfy customer demands.
- Ability to endure high levels of stress caused by various customer demands, scheduling conflicts, and other factors beyond personal control.
- Ability to complete written documents (records, reports, and forms) for internal, regulatory, and project documentation.
- Ability to read and comprehend (in English) technical bulletins pertaining to the repair and maintenance of Hill-Rom products.
- Ability to navigate various electronic devices (i.e. PC, smart phone, tablet, etc.), the Internet and other applications to obtain and enter information. Complete data analysis and interpretation as required.
- Ability to conduct effective, oral presentations of information to customers and coworkers to conduct:
- In-service training sessions to hospital staff and caregivers
- Product demonstrations
- Participation in team meetings
- Feedback of field activities
- Crosstraining of coworkers to complete both service center and field functions
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Applicable technical or trade school training preferred
- Experience working with medical devices and/or FDA regulated products preferred
- Previous mechanical/hands-on experience preferred
- Internal candidates must have sustained performance of Meets Expectations or higher and must be recommended by their current supervisor
- Adapts to new technologies and is comfortable with the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- JD Edwards experience preferred
- Must be reliable and organized.
- Employees should exhibit a professional attitude and appearance, while conforming to both company and customer policies and procedures.
- Ability to work within a team environment with an enthusiastic and positive work attitude.
- Ability to comprehend company and customer guidelines for infection control
- Ability to perform all essential duties and responsibilities in a safe, ergonomic, and ethical manner
- Ability to follow company and site requirements on personal protective equipment (i.e. gloves, safety shoes, glasses, etc.)
- Ability to perform work duties with limited supervision
- Meets expectations of Hill-Roms background verification check
- Meets expectation of Hill-Roms alcohol and drug testing policy
- Schedule flexibility/on-call
- Occasional overtime required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Basic mathematical skills related to calculating/analyzing weights and measures, volume, distance, etc.
NOTE: The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation
Please refer to the Physical Demands Supplement for complete physical requirements of this position
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to safety shoes, eye protection, gloves, and protective clothing. Gloves supplied include both latex and non-latex materials.
- Frequently works in environments were biohazards could be present. i.e. Hospitals, Service Centers, and Depots
- Must comply with Hill-Rom infection control policies