Manages material management and logistics functions at a global level for ALA utilities with estimated annual spend of over $40+M/year. Responsible for contract negotiations, implementation of best practices, market analysis/trend/supplier performance/relations as well as materials management related policies, procedures and operational/SOX controls.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manages a team of professionals across the organization supporting the material management and logistics functions.
- Develops and implements the global materials strategy (short/long) and budget.
- Maintains adequate levels of inventory. Develops and implements demand planning and materials forecasts, drives material standardization, reduces inventory level, and evaluates and addresses Excess and Obsolete (E&O) materials.
- Manages the commercial and operational aspects of the materials contracts including but not limited to the attainment of Service Level Agreements (SLA's), Statement of Work (SOW), stock material pricing, spot buy pricing, and variable management.
- Achieves the best possible quality, reliability, price, continuity, and delivery while adhering to the department's budget, savings targets and continuing programs of exploration for new materials, suppliers, and processes.
- Leads and participates in RFx, pricing analysis, negotiation strategies, contract agreements, amendments and addenda as well as market trends, best practices, industry bench marking and peer reviews.
- Creates, consolidates and complies with related policies, procedures, SOPs, operational and SOX controls and accountable for all audit related activities across the organization.
- Leverages global demand to further enhance inventory levels and turns.
- Tracks internal KPIs, savings targets and customer's satisfaction goals globally and develops recommendations and action plans accordingly.
- Maintains strong relationship with internal/external customers.
- Supervises, coaches and creates/monitors staff development plans.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree with a focus on Supply chain management, inventory management and/or materials management required
- 7• Years experience in inventory management required
- 2• Years supervisory experience required
- Experience in managing multiple inventory locations, across different geographic locations
- Proven track record in implementing best practices (e.g., streamlining inventory management practices, component standardization, etc.) resulting in increased value creation to the organization.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail and analytical skills.
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled