The Springfield City School District is a district on the move! We're moving forward to improve academic achievement of all our students. We are seeking a paraprofessional/classroom aides for the Preschool level at the Clark Center.
An aide's duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Teachers in providing educational benefits for students
- Work with students on academic assignments and / or physical needs
- Assist Teachers in preparing materials, operating classroom or child mobility assistive technology, and attending workshops, seminars, and training programs
Successful Candidates must possess:
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- Evidence that meets the NCLB certification requirements (completed sixty (60) credit hours of higher education, OR obtained an Associate's Degree or higher, OR have passed the ODE paraprofessional exam)
- Or the ability to obtain an Ohio Teacher's Educational Aide Certification
- The ability to complete forty-five (45) hours of training in child development; early childhood education; child abuse recognition and prevention; first aid; and prevention, recognition and management of communicable diseases and maintain a notebook of all required trainings (Requirement for Preschool assignments only)
Physical requirements may include, but are not limited to:
- Lifting of students up to 50 pounds using a 1 person lift, or up to 300 pounds using a 2 person lift, pivot with the weight and transport up to 10 feet. Lifts may be conducted up to 20 times per day.
- Assisting students in transition between classes within a 4 minute passing time by walking, guiding or pushing the student.
- Assisting students on steps, boarding and exiting transportation vehicles. Assistance includes supporting, lifting, pushing or pulling up to 300 pounds.
- Moving from a seated position on the floor to standing and moving about the classroom at least 15-20 times per 3 hour period.
- The ability to run after and catch a student in flight. Running may occur on hard, soft, and uneven surfaces.
Work will be performed 192 days per year, 7 hours per day and may include:
- Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens and communicable diseases
- Interaction with disruptive, emotionally distraught and/or unruly individuals
- Work performed in a classroom, vehicle or in adverse weather conditions and seasonal temperature extremes
Wage is based on the SEUSS negotiated contract starting at $15.25 per hour.
SPECIAL NOTE: $950.00 Bonus for the successful candidate!!!