Central Illinois Security, CIS, is an established Alarm Installation and Monitoring Company has an immediate opening for an experienced Service Technician.
Service, maintain, or repair security, fire, card access and CCTV wiring and equipment. You will also ensure that your work is in accordance with relevant codes. You should be looking for a long-term employment relationship, and have experience in servicing burglar alarm, fire alarm, closed circuit television, access control systems.
Compensation package includes great hourly wage plus overtime, paid time off, company vehicle, expense reimbursement, and healthcare plans. If you 're a team player, who is looking for a company that will provide long term stability and if you're not afraid to work hard, we want to talk to you!
Here are kind of things you would be doing at CIS as an Alarm Technician:
- Examine systems to locate problems, such as loose connections or broken insulation.
- Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, and all security features in order to ensure proper functioning, and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Mount and fasten control panels, door and window contacts, sensors, or video cameras and attach electrical and telephone wiring to connect components.
- Service, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, or related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Feed cables through access holes, roof spaces, and cavity walls to reach fixture outlets; then position and terminate cables, wires and strapping.
- Adjust sensitivity of units, based on room structures and manufacturers' recommendations, using programming keypads.
- Test and repair circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications.
- Drill holes for wiring in wall studs, joists, ceilings, or floors.
- Demonstrate systems for customers and explain details, such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
- Prepare documents, such as invoices or warranties.
- Consult with clients to assess risks and to determine security requirements.
- Order replacement parts.
- Keep informed of new products and developments.
- Mount raceways and conduits and fasten wires to wood framing, using staplers.
- 2 years' experience in Security System, Fire Alarm, CCTV or Card Access.
- Valid driver's license.
- Successfully pass background screening and drug testing.
- Must be able to lift cable spools weighing 30 pounds.
- Flexible to work some evenings and weekends.
- Networking experience a plus but not required.
- A valid Perc card would make you a stronger candidate.
- You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA - no visa sponsorships are available.
If you are interested in this exciting position, visit jobs.lrs.com
CIS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.