Plant Sanitation Lab Tech, 3rd Shift
Do you have experience working in quality and focusing on the details and making sure that things are done correctly? Are you always being complimented on your ability to follow procedures? If you answered yes, we have an amazing position for you as a Plant Sanitation/Laboratory Technician!!
90-day wage increase after successful introductory period.
Company-wide bonus program, paid out quarterly.
Semi-annual wage increases and performance reviews.
Reporting to the SQF Practitioner the Plant Sanitation/Laboratory Technician requires a general knowledge and understanding of laboratory testing procedures and functions, sanitation policies and procedures. Must follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP'S) and work in manner consistent with all Corporate, regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirements, along with other duties as assigned.
What You'll Do
- You MUST be able to work Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Perform physical testing on raw eggs, finished product. Utilizing test results for products for packaging in accordance with customer or company specifications
- Required testing includes yolk testing, candling, eggshell thickness, egg grading, raw egg mold testing,insert check, dents, mold & blood, leakers, carton weight, carton UPC.
- Required checks include finished product line checks per customer and/or company specs, initiating holds, CCP checks, quality checks, MOBA weight verification
- This position would also be responsible for training new technicians, calibration/maintenance of lab equipment, inventory/ordering of lab supplies and replacement parts, general housekeeping
- This position would also perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Follow safety policies as required by Vital Farms
- Maintains GMP entrances
- Cleans and fills footbaths
- Manages hand washing station (soap dispensing and inventory)
- Inventory chemicals on hand
- Replaces chemical as need it
- Verifies and maintains pH levels on wash tanks
- Titrates chemicals on egg and flat washer
- Maintains egg waste accordingly
- Manages cleanup of spills
- Records and documents corrective actions
- Maintain plant cleanliness
- Manage & Run CIP circuits
What You Bring to the Table:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have good math skills
- Handwriting must be neat and legible
- Must have ability to understand and operate lab equipment and generate complete/accurate records
- Must be able to work without direct supervision
- Must have/develop a working knowledge of computers
- Must also adhere to all Safety and Good Manufacturing Practice policies
- Must perform testing in a timely manner to prevent production line downtime/processing delays
What's In It for You:
- Be part of a movement to bring ethically produced food to the table
- Work in a Mission-focused environment alongside passionate colleagues
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Companywide bonus program
- Generous retirement contributions
- Free eggs, butter, and ghee, along with friends and family discounts
- Fun team SWAG
- Learning and Development team dedicated to your growth.
Who We Are:
Vital Farms is a Certified B Corp that sources and markets delicious, high-quality, ethically-sourced egg and dairy products nationwide. We started on a single family-farm in Austin, TX in 2007, with 20 Rhode Island hens and a drive to raise the standards in sustainable agriculture. Today Vital Farms THE leading producer of pasture raised eggs, partnering with more than 200 family farms, and selling into over 13,000 grocery stores around the country. We believe that a healthy bottom line is the result of healthy business practices, and we care deeply about supporting all our stakeholders. This includes our crew, our consumers, our retailers, and of course our happy hens and contented cows. In short, we exist to improve the lives of people, animals, and our planet through food.
Shortly after you complete your application, you'll receive a follow-up email elaborating on any potential next steps in our process. If you don't immediately receive said follow-up email, we would highly encourage you to check your spam filter!
In order to fulfill Vital Farms mission to “bring ethically produced food to the table,” we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create a welcoming and innovative environment that is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunities.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Vital Farms does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other status protected by law.