KB Home, a Fortune 1000 NYSE company and one of America's premier homebuilders, has an immediate employment opportunity available. The Company operates in 38 markets in 8 states across the nation.
KB Home (NYSE: KBH) is one of the largest homebuilders in the United States, with more than 600,000 homes delivered since our founding in 1957. We operate in 38 markets in eight states, primarily serving first-time and first move-up homebuyers, as well as second move-up and active adults. We are differentiated in offering customers the ability to personalize what they value most in their home, from choosing their lot, floor plan, and exterior, to selecting design and décor choices in our KB Home Studios. In addition, our industry leadership in sustainability helps to lower the cost of homeownership for our buyers compared to a typical resale home. We take a broad approach to sustainability, encompassing energy efficiency, water conservation, healthier indoor environments, smart home capabilities and waste reduction. KB Home is the first national builder to have earned awards under all of the U.S. EPA's homebuilder programs - ENERGY STAR®, WaterSense® and Indoor airPLUS®.
The Construction Superintendent manages all functions of the construction job site as it relates to building quality residential homes. Supervise construction from dirt through closing while maximizing profits and maintaining excellence through the KBnxt business model. The Superintendent insures quality assurance and customer satisfaction are maintained throughout the construction process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and direct KB staff and trade partners in the construction and completion of quality residential homes with strong commitment to executing the KBnxt business model and 100% Complete/100% Satisfied program.
- Responsible for milestone report (slab to frame, frame to mechanical, drywall to cabinet and cabinet to final).
- Ensure consistent application of “Even Flow“, homes completed per schedule (daily starts, closings and monthly deliveries).
- Schedule and monitor trade partners during the entire construction process from start to closing. Informs and trains trade partners regarding company policies and procedures, including safety and OSHA compliance.
- Approve trade partner's purchase orders and invoices for assigned homes, while ensuring completion of work in a quality and timely manner. Maintains trade partner scorecards on performance and submits to purchasing.
- Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold trade partners responsible for daily cleanup.
- Interact with Architecture, Engineering, Studio, Purchasing and DUP and consider their input/deadlines during the process to ensure timely quality construction.
- Continually strive for superior JD Power/CSI ranking in specific market.
- Responsible for executing all home deliveries 100% complete and signed off by COE by the homebuyer.
- Monitor and resolve customer or construction concerns to facilitate smooth final closing process.
- Deliver PreConstruction and PreDrywall orientations with buyers to reinforce contact with buyer throughout the construction process.
- Deliver a consistent and effective homeowner orientation to ensure the buyer experiences a positive transition to their new home.
- Participate in Community Teams, and take ownership of construction matters/issues. Works directly with the salesforce with an emphasis in teamwork and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any statelevel agencies' regulations.
- Facilitate weekly safety meetings with other Superintendents, staff and trade partners
- Ensure Quality Checkpoints are completed and provides daily status updates on the construction progress on each unit.
- Manage the installation and maintenance of SWPPP for the construction site.
- External Partnerships (trade partners, municipalities, building officials):
- The Superintendent ensures the community is working with NHQ certified trade partners
- Drives the permit and inspection signoff process on a timely basis
- Responsible for inspection process in assigned homes and interacts with VA, FHA, City, County, State and Conventional inspectors involved in the homebuilding process
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Construction Management vocational degree or certificate preferred
- 2-5 years of construction experience with a production homebuilder
- Strong experience in delivering high quality customer service programs. JD P experience a plus!
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including motivating teams, employee development, and being results oriented
- Strong people skills, including the capability to handle various personalities and develop professional relationships
- Action oriented, with the drive to push projects and tasks to successful closure
- Proven ability of being customer centric by seeking solutions from the customer's perspective
- Strong verbal & written communication, with the ability to take complex concepts and communicate accurately and persuasively
- Strong ability to work within a teamsetting, inclusive of other's ideas, and a willingness to cooperate
- Makes quick and accurate decisions based heavily on facts, data and/or metrics
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Work fulltime schedule with flexibility for overtime when necessary
- Ability to work the “OnCall“ program when needed (respond to emergency calls or other issues during offhours)
- Local travel required within designated region
- Conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to potential buyers, trade partners, external officials, and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is important to KB Home!