The VP, Practice IT Delivery will oversee the delivery of IT services to all US Oncology practices across the United States. Works closely with IT, physicians and practice management teams on the understanding of value to the practices, translating that understanding into business requirements and ultimately into a clearly articulated IT Vision and program of IT initiatives. The position will estimate resource requirements, implement the IT Strategy, obtain buy in from Executives and Care Providers, and lead IT and functional resources during the implementation of the IT Strategy.
Operations and Service Delivery Management
- Develop and manage an overall service catalog, SLA and process to ensure the effective and proactive delivery and management of IT services to US Oncology practices
- Manage staffing needs and lead a delivery team, both at McKesson and locally in the practices
- Develop and manage a set of value-based metrics and key performance indicators
- Provide oversight and coordination to ensure delivery of practice projects on time, on budget and meeting scope and quality expectations
- Provide input into the PMO process for continuous improvement
- Implement quality & standards organization ensuring corporate initiatives are ready for delivery to the US Oncology Network and execution follows an agreed-upon implementation plan
- Drive organizational change to an agile delivery methodology in order to bring incremental value to practices faster
- Manage relationships with capability centers of excellence and drive collaboration with them to deliver value for our customers
- Ensure communication with the practices of The Network about ongoing and upcoming initiatives is planned and executed appropriately
- Develop and maintain practice communication plans with Regional Vice Presidents and Practice leadership
- Serve as an escalation path for all practice IT related problems and issues
- Work closely with the US Oncology finance organization as well as McKesson Technology's finance function to plan and manage IT budgets. Exercise good financial judgment and consider costs when developing solutions for practice projects and initiatives.
- Provide leadership for all IT implementation/delivery to US Oncology practices across the U.S.
- Provide deep IT subject matter knowledge to practice and IT leadership
- Balance multiple conflicting requirements and priorities
- Commitment to McKesson's ICARE and ILEAD values
- Advocate for the practice's best interest in front of IT leadership
- Find and deliver win-win solutions for the practices and McKesson
- Promote standard solutions and automation when possible
- Promote trust and collaboration between McKesson and the Practices
- Identify areas that lack efficient process and procedures and drive cross-functional teams to follow standardized end-to-end delivery methods leading to predictable results
Typically requires 15+ years of professional experience and 10+ years of diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization, and people motivation skills (or equivalent experience).
- Perform as an IT leader and advisor to the business with ability to define and implement IT strategies in support of customer value and business requirements
- Presentation at practice board meetings and for physician leadership
- Strong subject matter knowledge on the full spectrum of IT building blocks including packaged software applications, software applications development, network, data centers, end user computing, telephony, mobility solutions, systems integration, reporting tools, etc.
- Program/Project Management
- Strong business acumen
- Capacity to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Collaboration and talent to deal with complex situations
- Experience with ITIL
- Experience with Clinical IT solutions such as Electronic Medical Records, PACS, Lab Systems, Pharmacy Systems, Practice Management Systems, etc.
- Project Management Professional certification or equivalent experience
Degree or equivalent experience. MBA or Masters' in Computer Science desired.
General office environment
30% travel required
Job Profile – Vice President, Systems M6
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!