Texas Oncology is looking for a State Controller to join our Texas Urology Specialist team! This position is for The Woodlands location, one of the 175+ sites we have across the state of Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered community-based cancer care because they believed in making the best available cancer care accessible to all communities, allowing people to fight cancer at home with the critical support of family and friends nearby. Our mission is still the same today—at Texas Oncology, we use leading-edge technology and research to deliver high-quality, high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our patients achieve “More breakthroughs. More victories.“ ® in their fight against cancer.
Why work for us?
One reason to join our team is because we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a 401-k plan that comes with a company match, a Wellness program that rewards you just for tracking your steps, and lots of other great perks such as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Assistance program and discounts on some of your favorite retailers.
The ideal candidate for the State Controller will have the following background and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred
- Three years public accounting experience preferred
- Minimum seven years of experience in fiscal management
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred
What does the State Controller do?
This position advises Regional Executive Director and Urology Physician leadership regarding the state-wide management of financial programs. Is an active partner with the Executive Director and Regional Finance Director in determining financial goals for the various practice locations. Responsible for all development, analysis and reporting related to financial metrics as they relate to the fiscal budget. Ensures the general ledger and related systems for accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll are maintained accurately and timely. Manages and develops the Assistant Controller for the region.
The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provides support to department managers, practice administration and physicians in the preparation, understanding and use of financial information.
- Communication and presentation to practice leadership and individual physicians regarding finances and cost-effective healthcare delivery issues is extensive and sensitive.
- Ensures information systems capture financial information required by third party payers, Practice management, physicians, company and required external sources (Insurance, SEC, etc.).
- Oversees operating, capital and cash flow budgets and assists ED/PA in exercising control to ensure expenditures do not exceed budgetary limits and are following Management Service Agreement.
- Reviews proposed contracts for financial impact and risk factors. Audits contracts, orders and vouchers before processing. Coordinates annual external audits.
Texas Oncology is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.