Part Time Sales Associate in Spring, TX
We are looking for a Part Time Sales Associate for our store in the Woodpark Plaza in Spring, TX
San Antonio Shoemakers (SAS), a San Antonio, Texas based privately held company, has been in business for over 40 years and has developed a reputation as a premier American manufacturer of high quality comfort footwear.
SAS has an opening for a Retail Store Clerk.
- Perform day-to-day store opening and closing procedures through applications of SAS philosophy, standards of service, cleanliness and caring.
- Make weekly bank deposits.
- Provide a friendly welcoming environment, by smiling, greeting and acknowledging every customer when they enter the store and engaging them in conversation.
- Help every customer to have a seat, take off their shoes, measure their feet, and fit them with the right SAS shoes.
- Show different categories of shoes, handbags, and shoe care products.
- Get comfortable with operating our point of sale (POS) computer systems for sales, returns, charges, checks and receiving transfers.
- Gain product knowledge on all SAS items, believe that SAS are the best American-made quality comfort footwear and demonstrate that enthusiasm and belief for the product and the company's philosophy through your daily words and actions.
- Be ready to work at your scheduled time.
- Be able to execute time and effectively complete special projects.
- Some computer ability with the POS systems and MS Office.
- Have a great communications skills and exceptional customer service.
- Mature, responsible and hardworking.
- Respectful and caring to co-workers.
- Possess a high level of integrity, respect and empathy for all employees at all levels of the company, as well as all visitors, vendors and customers.
- Passion, integrity and energy to achieve greatness for SAS and the team.
- Accountable for actions.
- Must have good attendance.
- Self-motivated and a collaborative team player.
- Must obtain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., sometimes with help.
- Standing for long periods of time, frequent bending to tie and fit shoes, climbing and moving.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as viewing a computer, visual inspection, and prepare and analyze projects.
- Able to frequently communicate with the customers and coworkers.
- Some travel is expected so must be able to travel if and when it's needed.
- Able to operate a vehicle.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalents
- Retail experience is preferred but not required.
- Able to work day and night hours including weekends.
I have read and understand the duties, responsibilities and qualifications of this position and acknowledge that I can perform the essential functions of the job with or without an accommodation. I also understand that this is a summary of this position’s duties and other responsibilities may be assigned as the company deems necessary.
SAS is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to-race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientations, national origins, disability status, age, marital status or protected veteran class. No phone calls or agencies please.