Remote HCC Coder
Certified Medical Coding Specialist Remote
Temp to Hire
CornerStone Medical is looking for a Certified Medical Coding Specialist to work remotely for one of our fortune 500 companies.
**Must have HCC experience!**
**Must have Risk Adjustment experience!**
- Abstracts clinical information from a variety of medical records and assigns appropriate ICD 9 CM and/or CPT codes to patient records according to established procedures.
- Abstracts relevant clinical and demographic information from the medical record to assign current ICD-10 and CPT codes in accordance with coding and reimbursement guidelines.
- Analyzes, enters and manipulates database, confirms appropriate DRG assignments.Knowledge in ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding required.
- Identifies eligible HCCs (Hierarchal Condition Coding) when appropriate in relation to -provided guidelines, with minimal error, based on provider documentation
- Provides clear communication, with the ability to Identify and report quality concerns and errors. Able to query providers when appropriate.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 7+ years of outpatient coding experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of HCC coding
- Excellent knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT Coding Systems required
- Must be well versed in handling PHI.
- CPC and CRC certification from the American Academy of Professional Coders or AHIMA REQUIRED
- Oncology experience preferred
- Must be able to work remote and have dedicated space for workstation and high speed internet in place
- Must be able to be on camera during the day for all meetings
- Will be required to come on site for monthly meeting (if in region) and special training when needed inspections
- Must be able to join all training, meetings and conversations with coworkers and management online with laptop camera and audio on.
- Competitive pay
- Weekly pay every Friday!
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Quick and easy start process
**MUST PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREENING
Quick apply online or call Mirielle directly at 972-534-0020 ext 109