Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker's Top 150 Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at www.Crothall.com.
Summary: Performs reprocessing activities to include decontamination, sterilization, assembly, case carts, storage and distribution of medical and surgical supplies and mobile equipment used in the care and treatment of patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans, decontaminates, inspects, assembles, sterilizes, and transports equipment, supplies and instruments.
- Decontaminates the full range of reusable patient care equipment and medical supplies, including but not limited to surgical instruments, containers and equipment such as aspirators, croupettes, oxygen suppliers and small movable equipment using detergents and disinfecting solutions.
- Cleans, decontaminates, inspects, high level disinfects, assembles and transports flexible fiberscopes, TEE Probes, Manometer Probes, Bougies, etc.
- Sterilizes instruments, equipment, surgical linens and supplies including surgical packs, surgical trays and syringes using steam or gas sterilizers or disinfects with antiseptic solutions.
- Operates semi-automatic to automatic sterilizing equipment; operates mechanical decontamination equipment and other related equipment, e.g., ultra-sonic washers, rinsers/dryers.
- Prepares packages of supplies and instrument trays, needles, syringes and gloves according to prescribed procedures; wraps, labels and seals according to established standards.
- Prepares list of contents and affixes list to package or groups of packages. Uses central system for supplies being processed.
- Gathers used supplies for hospital facilities and/or departments and return them after sterilization.
- Handles exchange carts for stock items and supplies and maintains distribution records.
- Reports defective or damaged materials, equipment and supplies to supervisor.
- Maintains cleanliness and upkeep of exchange carts and work environment.
- Maintains cleanliness of sterilizers, washers and other department equipment as scheduled.
- Performs quality and performance testing on all sterilizers, washers and HLD equipment.
- Uses tracking software to track all instrumentation and equipment, as well as keep all sterilization records accurate.
- Tests all powered surgical equipment prior to sterilization using power unit or nitrogen tanks.
- Performs leak tests on all flexible endoscopes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) Certification required.
- Flexible Endoscope Reprocessor (CFER) Certification required.
- Associates Degree in related Healthcare field preferred. College level courses/related experience may substitute.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift greater than 50 pounds.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1073881