Company Name: Kroger Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for managing all engineering aspects of a divisional maintenance program. Oversee capital and expense allocations for building repairs and equipment replacements for retail stores and company facilities, buildings and grounds. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Manage dispatch and ASP maintenance personnel.
- Develop capital and expense budgets and allocations for building repairs and equipment replacements.
- Manage capital and expense projects associated with building repairs equipment replacements.
- Manage the vendor on boarding process for new and existing vendors.
- Provide Maintenance Manager with budgets reports, service level reports, repair effectiveness and refrigerant usage.
- Support store operations with budget reporting, training and attending district meetings.
- Support maintenance software best practices.
- Assist in developing and executing division's HVAC/R and non-refrigerated equipment maintenance programs.
- Analyze and determine root cause equipment failures and design issues.
- Support construction and minor capital teams with project scoping, design criteria and quality control.
- Ensure that equipment and building warranties are captured.
- Provide engineering support to Facility Engineering's safety standards.
- Assist Warehouse Supervisor in developing best practices for R&S and inventory management.
- Assist with integrating energy reduction best practices into daily maintenance activities.
- Assist with corporate and divisional sourcing initiatives for maintenance parts, tools, equipment and vehicles.
- Frequently make significant decisions with close supervision.
- Travel to division locations regularly to engage staff and evaluate the effectiveness of programs and day-to-day maintenance operations.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- Level 7 – 2+ years proven engineering or maintenance experience
- Level 8 - 7+ years proven engineering or maintenance experience
- Basic financial knowledge
- High level of computer operating skills including MS Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- Energy Engineer
- Minor Capital Engineer
- Regional Project Manager
Education Level: Other
Required Travel: Up to 50%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TX || Shenandoah || 19245 David Memorial Dr. || 77385 || Kroger Stores || None || Facility Engineering || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None