Alight Campus - Client Specialist
Health and Wealth Solutions
Our story starts with a simple universal truth: Every business is a people business. Our people are our greatest assets at Alight Solutions because People Matter! We strive for Excellence Every Day by collaborating with our clients and colleagues. At Alight, we Think Forward and we Act Now to shape the future of work and life for organizations, people and their families! Alight has 25 years of industry experience. Be Real with Alight and help us re-imagine how people and organizations thrive.
As a Client Specialist, a typical day can include the following:
Alight Client Specialists will work with other colleagues on their respective client teams to ensure that projects for those clients are executed from beginning to end. They will apply expertise to drive better outcomes and satisfaction for our clients and their employees. Specific areas that Alight Client Specialists will be responsible for include ongoing operational tasks, analysis and development of our proprietary system, health and retirement plan rule definition, and project management. Alight Client Specialists will build a strong foundation for their career by performing duties in these four areas. They will engage with clients, other internal team members, and external vendors to execute on activities serving our clients and their employees and building a strong line of sight to the end user experience.
Alight Client Specialists will excel in the role if they have strong analytical and problem solving skills, are clear communicators, and have a self-starter mentality. Attention to detail and a continuous improvement mindset are required to help solve our clients complex business needs and streamline our delivery.
Core Responsibility Areas
- Collaborates with the client to resolve requests they may have related to a project or an escalated employee issue
- Resolves cases and/or systematic edits for our clients' employees
- Works daily with other Alight Colleagues, third-party providers, and client contacts to ensure seamless process delivery for our clients' employees
- Manages own work and communicates status to team
- Understand how to utilize the data on our proprietary system to perform root cause analysis and trending for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop reports utilizing various data extraction tools to meet client plan rules and/or resolve issues.
- Develops Alight's proprietary system for new client project requests based upon complete plan rules
- Problem solves systematic issues by analyzing Alight's proprietary system to determine gaps in functionality as compared to client plan rules to arrive at the true root cause of an issue.
- Demonstrates quality assurance fundamentals by executing test plans to ensure client plan rules meet systematic specifications
- Define plan rules for new client facing project work
- Provides creative solutions to continuously improve and optimize client delivery
- Opportunity to oversee and coach others with regards to a specific project and/or process
- Lead projects utilizing standard project management disciplines
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to learn and apply new skills
- Strong attention to detail and execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under tight deadlines managing multiple tasks
- MS Office-working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to navigate and learn tools within Alight's proprietary system
- Ability to problem solve and drive to root cause
- Responds willingly, promptly, and effectively to changing work environments, changing priorities, and new situations
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and balance multiple demands effectively
- Builds capability to contribute by taking responsibility for own development, tapping multiple sources of learning to deepen own knowledge, seeking out new experiences, and applying learning appropriately
- Demonstrates applied learning by continuously improving own contribution
- Ability to quickly identify problems, opportunities, and alternative courses of action
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Strong client service orientation with a focus on improving the employee experience
- Works with and without supervision and has the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Maintains confidentiality
- Teamwork mindset
- Bachelor's degree
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Alight's Early Career Development Program - Ignite, must graduate between December 2019 – June 2020 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Alight's Early Career Development Program
Alight's Early Career Development Program – Ignite, is committed to building a diverse group of future leaders within our organization. We're focused on creating a great place for new college graduates to thrive and offer an accelerated training program designed to build both leadership and technical skills.
Our program offers an opportunity to leverage the power of your degree into real career momentum. We offer instructor-led, web-based, on-the-job training, mentor support and extensive networking with our development platform to help you achieve success.
- Build business networks and partnerships, globally
- Develop overall business concepts and acumen, to drive client engagement and business outcomes
- Grow core impact skills and competences, to enhance your career growth
Helping you to succeed is our top priority. People Matter.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organizations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.