Regular Full-time, Pay Grade 38
Beef Cattle Coordinator
At the Middle Tennessee Research and Education Center (MTREC)
In Spring Hill, Tennessee
With a primary focus on reproductive management, this position provides and/or coordinates data management, cattle management support, professional support, leadership, communication with clientele, and beef cattle program delivery at MTREC and the center in Lewisburg. In addition, the position is responsible for providing occasional cattle management support to other RECs and cooperating clientele when it supports programming designed and implemented by faculty and staff located at MTREC. This is a full-time hourly position.
- Provide leadership and coordination for the Bovine Reproductive Management Training program at MTREC
- Provide data management and consigner communication for the TN Beef Heifer Development and Central Bull Test programs
- Assist with the application of reproductive management technologies at MTREC and other RECs with beef cattle herds
- Collect, organize, and analyze data for research on reproductive technologies in cattle
- Coordinate on-farm demonstration of reproductive technologies by working with county UT Extension Agents, Animal Science specialists, and
Bachelor's degree required.
Bovine Artificial Insemination Certification, Bovine Reproductive Ultrasound training preferred.
Minimum one year experience in related field. Two or more years in related field preferred; evidence of publication in refereed journal articles or popular press desired.
Valid driver's license required.
- Advanced knowledge of beef cattle systems and operations management
- Advanced knowledge, and ability to implement, bovine reproductive technologies; artificial insemination, reproductive ultrasound
- Ability to carry out research methods and full data analysis
- Ability to execute and oversee on-farm demonstrations
- Ability to develop training materials and deliver educational/training programs
- Skilled in written and oral communication
- Ability to work under limited/no supervision
- Knowledgeable of all current and relevant computer programs
- Ability to work in year-round outdoor environment
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings; overnight travel expected