The Good Samaritan Society is the nation's largest non-profit senior care company. With nearly 100 years of charting new territory, the Society offers an opportunity to weave together imagination with reality and ultimately transform the aging experience in America. Now, partnering with Sanford Health, we are able to provide care through all stages of life. Throughout our organization, you will be part of a family, offering love and compassion to residents as part of a dedicated and diverse care team.
Location: 8590 - GSS Spokane Valley
17121 E 8th Ave
Spokane Valley, Washington, 99016-9399
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join our not-for-profit organization that has provided nearly 100 years of housing and services to seniors with a commitment to quality care and service.
Easy Apply Process
Mobile Device Friendly
- This position provides care to assigned residents in a caring, safe and efficient manner and is responsible to perform the following according to location standards, procedures and individualized resident care plans.
- Assists residents in maintaining proper and clean appearance; assists residents with bathing and maintaining cleanliness.
- Assists with preparing and serving nutritious, appealing meals and snacks to residents following orders, standards and regulations.
- Folds, hangs and distributes clean linens and personal clothing; prepares and launders soiled linen / clothing.
- Cleans residents' rooms and bathrooms, work areas, and other public areas.
- Takes part in community involvement in location and works with volunteers. Assists residents with medication and treatments .
- A high school education or higher education is not required to be hired into this job.
- Basic ability to communicate and comprehend; ability to measure and comprehend certain quantities.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the therapeutic effects and side effects of all medications administered; ability and desire to be creative in adapting programs and supplies to meet individual resident needs.
- Provide copies of Specialty in Mental Health and Dementia, Nurse Delegation, Diabetes Nurse Delegation, Washington State Food Worker Card, CPR.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include: health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status.