Under limited supervision, coordinates production and equipment maintenance schedules to meet component assembly requirements. Work is typically more complex and/or non-standard setup projects.
- Trains and provides work assignments to Sawyers.
- Operates complex component saws to cut planks, timbers, or boards according to work orders.
- Operates component saw with computer controlled touch screen.
- Adjusts saw for required cuts.
- Adjusts speed of saw and feed rolls.
- Coordinates activities associated with saw operations including picking, staging, stacking and loading.
- Observes safety procedures at all times.
Requirements: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and four (4) years of material handling and saw operation experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work is performed primarily in an outdoor yard environment, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust. o Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds. o May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing, lifting, pushing or kneeling.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish