Providence is calling a Respiratory Therapist (Respiratory Therapy Dept, Variable Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of contemporary Respiratory Therapy principles.
- Collaborate with Physicians and Nurses in planning and implementing the patient plan of care.
- Completion of the department orientation program as well as unit-specific orientation, as required, is mandatory.
- Assist the Physician with the delivery and direction of Respiratory Therapy.
- May be qualified by training and experience to operate and maintain complex ventilatory support systems, monitoring and resuscitation devices, respiratory care procedures and patient assessments, diagnostic procedures and oxygen therapy. Activities may also include other patient care functions for which he or she is qualified.
- Be an integral part of the interdisciplinary team that cares for patients of all ages.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of a 2 year or 4 year AMA accredited school of Respiratory Therapy
- Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner in Washington State (New graduates of AMA accredited school must be in the process of entry level exam to obtain a permanent license)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist or Registry eligible therapist
- If not Registered on date of hire, must become Registered within 2 years
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.