Remote ED ProFee & Facility Coder - Best Places to Work in Healthcare 2018 Winner!
We are seeking experienced Emergency Department Coders with ProFee, facility and E/M coding experience. This is a significant professional opportunity for an energetic, passionate HIM professional who wants to make a difference in the HIM community. As an Employee Owned Company, we are committed to providing extraordinary service delivered with the utmost integrity and professionalism.
Healthcare Resource Group (HRG) provides revenue cycle & HIM services to hospitals, health systems and clinics. Our HIM Division offers Coding OutPartnering™ services to meet the needs of our clients.
The ED ProFee & Facility Coder will apply appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes as well as E/M levels to individual patient health records for claims processing, data retrieval and analysis.
What HRG Offers:
- Competitive compensation and referral bonuses
- Computer equipment and coding reference resources provided
- HRG paid retirement plan - Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Prescription / Wellness Program
- Paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- Merchant discounts
- Review and abstract pertinent information for patient medical records. Report diagnoses, treatments, as well as surgical and non-surgical procedures for ED encounters.
- Ensure all services documented in the patient’s medical record are coded with the appropriate diagnosis and procedure codes.
- Conduct reviews of medical records to ensure compliance with coding and documentation guidelines and governmental requirements.
- Maintain a working knowledge, and stay abreast of, ICD-10-CM, CPT-4 and HCPCS coding principles, modifier usage, medical terminology, governmental regulations, protocols and third party payer requirements pertaining to billing, coding and documentation as well as client-specific guidelines.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality of patient and clients, abiding by HIPAA.
- Review and recommend changes to policies and procedures to improve coding and data management for Healthcare Resource Group and client.
- Exercise excellent oral and written communication skills in order to effectively interact and communicate with multiple professional disciplines.
- Demonstrate service excellence, integrity, and initiative.
- Abide by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association, and adhere to official coding guidelines. Abide by AAPC Code of Ethics.
- Abide by Healthcare Resource Group’s Code of Conduct.
- Maintain production and quality standards as set forth by Healthcare Resource Group.
- Maintain coding certification and educational requirements.
- RHIT, CCS, CCS-P or RHIA certification required
- 3+ years of outpatient facility coding experience
- Extensive Emergency Department (ED) coding experience to include Evaluation and Management leveling and injections & infusions
If you want to be part of a dynamic culture, please apply today for immediate consideration!