Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) (Surgical Services, Day Shift, .90 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This position will support our Pediatrics/Plastics/ENT Cluster and work 12 hour shifts, 9am-9pm.
Come join our Sacred Heart Medical Center Surgical Service department! With 28 operating room suites and as a trauma level 2 hospital we see a wide variety of unique cases from ortho to open heart and we utilize the most cutting edge technology such as Davinci and Makko Robotics and the Stealth Station navigation. You'll join a supportive group of leaders and co-workers and become part of an organization that is in the Forbes top 10 for best employers for women and best employers for new grads!
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patients' care.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems, and integrate evidence, and best practice into nursing care.
- Engage in ongoing professional development.
- Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- All Registered Nurses without a Bachelor's of Nursing (BSN) degree or higher must obtain a BSN within 3 years of hire. RNs with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers at time of hire
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency at Sacred Heart Medical Center
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current certification as an Operating Room Nurse (CNOR)
- National Certification in area of specialty
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.