Providence is calling a Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) (Urgent Care-Hawthorne, Variable Shift, 0.9 FTE) to Providence Physician Management Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Maintain and review patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Interview patient, document chief complaint, measure vital signs and accurately record information in Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Communicate test results and instructions to patients per practice protocol.
- Educate patient and family about diagnostic procedures, medications, chronic disease management and treatment instructions.
- Act as a content expert and clinical resource by providing staff and patient education.
- Establish priorities in organizing daily activities, effectively manage patient flow and anticipate special equipment, solutions and miscellaneous supplies needed for various procedures.
- Accurately document all pertinent information regarding the patient in EMR.
- Accurately and promptly refill prescriptions as authorized by provider and/or practice policy.
- Instruct patient in collection of samples and tests.
- Consistently demonstrate correct handling of procedure specimens per physician orders, including appropriate identification, labeling, dating and disposition of the specimen.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees and as appropriate.
- Be responsible for providing professional nursing care for clinic patients following established standards and practices
- Assist providers and staff in coordinating patient care and acts as a patient education resource
- Function as primary liaison between patients and providers
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Washington State
- Current BLS – Healthcare Provider (must be AHA accredited) upon hire for Urgent Care and ASC
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- 2 years Hospital experience
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.