Providence is calling a Medical Assistant Registered or Certified (Spokane Cardiology, Days, Full Time) to Providence Medical Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Offering a $1,000 sign on bonus to any new, external candidate hired into this position.
In this position you will:
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, presenting problem, and other medical information.
- Ensure confirmation of patient identity with each patient encounter.
- Document all interactions in patient's medical record.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner and as appropriate per role and certification, obtain specimens, perform required testing, administer medications via oral, topical, otic, ophthalmalogic or inhaled routes; administer vaccines including combination or multi-dose vaccines.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner, assist or perform point of care tests and clinical procedures as appropriate to scope of role and certification.
- Reinforce patient education, materials, and lab results (normal); return phone messages; all as directed by the licensed practitioner.
- Follows correct procedures for handling and disposing of bio-hazards, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent or Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants or alternate training program
- Experience with basic clinical practices, procedures, and standards.
- WA State MA-Interim, MA-Registered or MA-Certified required.
- If in Active Interim Certification Status, applicant must pass one of the following exams within 120 days of hire
- Current BLS â Healthcare Provider (must be AHA accredited) required upon hire.
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- 6 months previous experience in healthcare setting with an Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- 6 months previous experience in customer service experience.
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient â one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.