Are you a Sales Professional with bakery operations & ingredients experience
ready to have FUN in your career?
Dawn Foods is looking for a
Market Sales Representative
for the expanding Eastern WA Market
Dawn Foods Market Sales Representatives develop customer relationships and deliver profitable sales activity within a defined territory through consultative partnerships, identifying opportunities with existing customers, and successful prospecting of ideal new customers. AND they have fun while they do it!
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with baking industry customers
- Provide on-site consultation and sales expertise to our customers
- Achieve profitable sales growth within an assigned territory
- Develop and maintain profitable sales activity through prospecting new customers, penetrating existing accounts, and minimizing lost business
- Calculate margins, negotiate terms, and prepare estimates and bids using Dawn's pricing models to meet specific customer needs
- Represent, explain, and promote the entire Dawn value proposition
- Understand, explain, and implement Dawn's credit policies and terms with customers
- Remain aware of and navigate relevant regional market conditions, product trends, innovation, and competitors' products and activity
- Document sales funnel activities and utilize enterprise CRM
- Perform associated administrative duties, such as maintaining accurate sales records, preparing reports, and filing expense reports
- High School diploma or provincial equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, and/or Culinary Arts highly preferred
- At least 3 years of customer-facing, consultative outside sales experience within foodservice or similar distribution models
- Successful experiences within a commissioned pay structure
- Enhanced understanding of and/or hands-on experiences with bakery products, raw materials, baking supplies, and bakery operations strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of digital CRM solutions (i.e., Salesforce)
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Bilingual capabilities (i.e., Spanish) for an expanded customer base
- Motivated self-starter able to work autonomously with limited supervision
- Able to effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues and customers
- Able to engage others while maintaining a personable, consultative approach and superior customer service
- Able to effectively manage time within a schedule of competing priorities and tasks
- Able to understand and calculate sales and margins
- Motivated by results, execution, and a “finish line focus“
- Valid Driver's License and safe, satisfactory driving record (MVR conducted)
- Must be able to satisfy pre-employment testing (drug screen and background check)
- Must reside within the market area, eastern Washington.
This is a home-based position that will require travel within the assigned territory on a daily business. Occasional travel to regional and national meetings some weekends.
Why Dawn Foods?
Dawn Foods people enjoy excellent benefits including:
Medical, Dental, vision, and life insurance FROM DAY ONE!
401K with company match
Company car for business and personal use
Remote position with IPAD, Phone, and Laptop provided
Nine paid holidays per year
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.