Providence is calling an Emergency Department Assistant (Emergency Services, Nights, 0.5 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Maintain and promote positive, open and honest interpersonal relationships with customers (physicians, employees, visitors, patients, and other PSHMC publics). Provide high quality service to all customers; focuses on understanding customersâ needs and follows through. Demonstrate respect for the capabilities, different cultures and or personalities of co-workers and Medical Center publics within the mission/values of PSHMC
- Promote and demonstrate effective, open and honest written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate self-management behaviors which reflect a positive image of PSHMC, following established policies and procedures and promote an efficient, cost effective work environment
- Demonstrate good stewardship of resources by treating property of customers, Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and co-workers with care and respect
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of staff and other disciplines for problem solving without blaming
- Demonstrate flexibility by readily adapting to different situations to complete work
- Assist the RN in prioritizing care
- Initiate treatments such as ice, elevation, pressure or safety measures based on patient's physical and psychological needs
- Notify the RN or MD of emergent patient needs
- Priorities EDA care duties in accordance with patient triage acuity levels
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant - Phlebotomist licensure in Washington state required within 60 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- EMT/NAC/Medical Assistant experience
- Emergency care experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Childrenâs Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know theyâll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Childrenâs Hospital.