Directional Drill Operator
Centuri Construction Group, Inc. is a comprehensive construction services enterprise dedicated to meeting the growing demands of North American utilities, energy and industrial markets.
Join the leader in underground pipeline construction and get yourself a solid career with solid pay! Take the first step on your path to career advancement; we’ve got work for the next 100 years!
NPL Directional Drill Operators are assigned construction crews working to install or replace natural gas pipelines underground. Duties involve physically demanding construction general labor while operating specialized vehicles and earth movers. Operators use a variety of equipment and machinery to safely move earth, equipment, tools and materials to and from construction sites.
- Join the Largest Natural Gas Distribution Contractor in the United States
- Weekly Payroll
- Paid, on-the-job training: natural gas distribution, utility excavation, safety
- Employee Assistance program benefit
- Health Insurance Plan benefit
- Retirement Plan benefit
- Safely operate a Directional Drill.
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Daily pre-shift vehicle and equipment inspections; maintain daily log
- Perform regular maintenance/cleaning on assigned vehicles and equipment
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisors
Education, Skills, Experience Needed
- Proven record of safely operating an excavator, dozer, and/or articulated truck is required
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Valid Commercial Driver's License class A required; tanker endorsement a plus
- Skill to operate equipment in close proximity to workers and underground utilities
- Possess a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Desire to learn and commitment to working safely
- Work sites are outdoors in potentially extreme weather conditions
- All worksite safety instructions are written and spoken in English; must be fluent in English
- Work includes prolonged and repeated: lifting (including overhead, up to 50lbs); standing; climbing; kneeling; reaching and feeling; crouching and crawling
- Work is performed within the “red zone” of heavy equipment
- Working safely requires quick/accurate hand-eye coordination
- Pass pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug screens
- Provide valid US work authorization documents for E-Verify
- Satisfactory results of pre-employment background check results
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Pre-employment medical fit-for-duty test; hold/obtain DOT medical card
- Join and maintain Union membership
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
This job description is subject to change at any time. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Centuri and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Centuri will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.
Similar jobs you might like
Exotic Metals Forming Company Airway Heights, WA
Army National Guard Fairchild AFB, WA