The Integrated Genetics division of LabCorp has an exciting opportunity for a Cytogenetics Technologist in Spokane, WA. We are a fast paced diagnostic testing facility performing chromosome analysis specializing in oncology. This position will include various wet lab procedures, troubleshooting, quality control, and microscope analysis. We provide on the job training in all our processes for qualified candidates.
The schedule for this position will be Friday thru Monday, 4-10s 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Performs laboratory tests and analyses according to established procedures in designated technical department. Evaluates procedures and methods under direct supervision of more senior technologist, department supervisor, or group leader. Assists in training and orientation of trainees as required.
- Processes specimens using various aseptic tissue culturing techniques
- Harvesting live cultures resulting in slide preparations
- Chromosome analysis using microscopy and our computer imaging system
- Preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment
- Reagent preparation
- Maintaining documentation according to established procedures in designated technical department
Performs general lab support duties
- B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, or related Life Science discipline and meeting all certification requirements
- Minimum 1 year Cytogenetic laboratory experience required, oncology experience preferred
- Current ASCP certification or eligibility
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and will include some weekend shifts and overtime based on current volumes and TAT
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
- Attention to detail and ability to follow established protocols
- Eagerness to learn and self-motivated
Friday - Monday 7:00 am to 5:30 pm overtime and additional days or hours as required