Providence is calling a Point of Care Compliance Coordinator (Pmg Lab Spokane Valley, Days, 0.75 FTE) to Providence Medical Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This position is part time, 30 hours per week working daytime hours, 6 hours per day, Mon-Fri.
In this position you will:
- Provide technical and advisory expertise to POCT sites to meet testing needs.
- Review quality control data, patient results, and critical values for policy/procedure adherence.
- Organize required POCT training and competency.
- Maintain records, to include quality control, calibrations, linearity, accuracy, precision, maintenance and method comparisons.
- Lead departments through the POC process from the original request to implementation and continuous monitoring.
- Evaluate for placement of new point of care testing sites.
- Act as a liaison between POCT sites and the laboratory.
- Establish, revise and monitor policies and procedures for the POCT program with the Medical Director.
- Manage Proficiency Testing performance and results; investigates all unsuccessful PT.
- Assist with the inventory control of all POCT materials/supplies.
- Communicate and/or educates testing personnel whenever corrective action need attention.
- Update Laboratory Director regularly on all POC activity.
- Research and evaluates outside services and/or equipment.
- Document annual competencies as a Med Tech.
- Review and sign technical procedure and policy manuals annually.
- Support laboratory quality assurance initiatives that are being monitored.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Lab Science or Medical Technology
- Valid Medical Technologist Certification
- Two (2) years leadership and/or Point of Care testing experience
- Two (2) years as a Medical Technologist
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Five (5) years as a Medical Technologist
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.