Providence is calling a Physical Therapist (PT) (Home Health Spokane Vna, Days, 0.6 FTE) to SCS Home Health in Spokane Valley, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Assess patient's potential for rehabilitation and/or limitations of function as pertains to physical therapy.
- Correlate assessment findings with appropriate interventions and follow up
- Apply principles of infection control in all care
- Evaluate effectiveness of care and modify the plan accordingly.
- Document all contacts with patients, family, caregivers, physicians and team members
- Delegate and supervise selected PT functions to PT Assistants in accordance with their education, credentials and demonstrated competence.
- Comply with the PVNA Securing Patient Data During Offsite Patient Care policy.
- Represent PVNA in a professional manner at all times
- Promote patient's right to self-determination, privacy, and confidentiality.
- Promote accident prevention for self, co-workers, patients and families by following established safety procedures.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of physical therapy
- Current licensure in the State of Washington as a Physical Therapist
- Current valid drivers license for operator of vehicle and personal vehicle insurance at prudent coverage levels as determined by PVNA management
- Evidence of current CPR training
- 1 year Physical Therapy experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year Physical Therapist experience in a home health care setting
- Physical Therapist working with geriatric patients
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence VNA Home Health is a not-for-profit, home health ministry serving patients in their places of residence in the greater Spokane community of Washington state. We provide health care for patients of all ages who have a temporary condition such as post-surgical care, or are recovering from or living with a chronic condition. Our skilled and compassionate team includes nurses, medical social workers, home health aides, registered dietitians, occupational/physical/speech therapists, and pharmacists.