Clinical RN Coordinator
The Clinical Coordinator RN, under the guidance of the Practice Manager, will carry out responsibilities which insure high quality, well-coordinated patient care in the clinic according to SRHS and MGC's policies and mission. Acts as a clinical and administrative resource for clinical personnel. The RN Clinical Coordinator has delegated authority to support, advise, and direct overall management of clinical practice. Must be able to provide and understand the specific communication, developmental, and treatment needs of patients, families, and visitors. Serves as a clinical resource, participates in patient and staff education, demonstrates leadership, and serves as a preceptor.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing Program
Experience: R.N. with five years' experience or R.N. with BS/BA management related or BSN with three years' experience and/or one year of healthcare management experience
• Current license to practice nursing in South Carolina
• Current CPR certification
Core Job Responsibilities
• Responsible for nursing staff, PTO, assisting, coaching, nurse education, update vaccine and physician recommendation.
• Organizes and maintains nursing staff schedule for the clinic. Makes adjustments to meet provider and co-worker needs and schedule changes.
• Assist when needed with patient triage and phone triage. Assist providers and with exams and procedures when needed. Document appropriately on charts.
• Handles patient, employee, physician complaints/ grievances according to the hospital's policies.
• Maintains inventory lists and orders supplies for clinics when needed (multiple order monthly).
• Works with Practice Manager in budget development and implementation.
• Manages cost and revenue of medical supplies and clinical staffing.
• Assists Practice Manager with staff rounding and AIDET checks.
• Assist in the orientation of staff.
• Identify learning needs of staff and coordinate in-service/ continuing education requirements.
• Facilitate and document department FADE processes.
• Assists with accreditation process to include CMS, DHEC, OSHA, RRC, and CLIA.
• Monitor patient satisfaction and respond to Midas reports from Guest Services.
• SREO tracking- EH
• Performs annual staff competencies and submits verification to the appropriate person.
• Track quality assurance, refrigerator logs and Point of Care testing monthly.
• Contacts BioMed and coordinates the repair of equipment and yearly inspections of equipment in the clinic.
• Completes Facility work orders for clinical areas.
• Works with the IT department to resolve any IT issues in the clinical areas for clinical staff and providers.
• Schedules and conducts Nursing Staff Meetings.
• Maintains and updates Employee files as needed.
• Update MGC policies, Scope of Practice, and procedures yearly or as needed (required updating P&P every 3 years per hospital policy).
• Creates new policies as needed and posts to our HUB page.
• Make staff aware of revised SRHS and MGC policies (monthly).
• Assists Practice Manager with clinical staff's annual performance evaluations.
• Updates clinical job descriptions yearly.
• Documentation of Human Resource Issues to include Orientation Pathways, License/certificate.
• Ensures all clinical staff licensures and certifications are up-to-date and reports this information to the appropriate departments.
• Participate with Hospital Codes/ Emergency plans per policies and yearly competencies.
• Attends meetings and trainings required by SRMC and MGC.