POSITION: Product Engineer
LOCATION: Sparta, IL
Provides technical expertise and leadership in handling customer-driven and internal product changes, launching new products, and post-launch activities, ensuring successful execution of changes and launching of new products and customer satisfaction. As part of the Engineering team, contributes to the attainment of department goals/objectives and to the establishment of guidelines, documentation, planning/development and advancement of the department.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
Launch Engineering Activities
- Provides project management and technical leadership in launch activities, ensuring the New Product Review process (NPR) is followed.
- Maintains budgets within the guidelines for Tooling Manufacturing Order (TMO).
- Establishes and receives approval for the cash flow.
- Works within the Customer’s Quality Management System requirements for product development, special characteristics, and submission guidelines. (APQP, NMR, SQAM, QS are examples of these specifications).
- Performs procurement functions, which includes, establishing performance specifications on all purchases such as gage R&R, production rates, quality levels, and machine efficiencies.
- Supports Manufacturing Engineering in the development of die-cast, M&A, and material flow processes.
- Participates in or leads in the creation of a testing matrix that assures product and process validation.
- Handles post-launch activities and engineering changes.
Product Engineering Activities
- Leads and manages all customer-driven and internal product changes. Assesses the impact of customer requested changes on product shape, manufacturability, process, function, special characteristics, and quality. Assesses the impact of changes on product financials (amortization balance) and capacity (volume/cycle time changes).
- Participates in design reviews for new products, tools, processes, and equipment. Reviews designs for manufacturability and performs risk assessments.
- Leads all design efforts for product, components, and tooling for die-cast and M&A operations.
- Participates in die-cast and machining and assembly equipment run-offs.
- Assists in quoting the costs and timing associated with changes on products.
- Issues purchase orders to suppliers for work associated with product engineering changes.
- Authors and keeps the timeline associated with implementing product changes.
- Provides oversight of tooling, process, and document changes associated with the requested change and with assistance from Manufacturing and Quality Engineering.
- Participates in lean manufacturing initiatives and incorporates lean and continuous improvement concepts in work activities and completion of projects.
- Participates in the continuous improvement meetings and assists in efforts to improve the quality and profitability of products.
- Participates in quality audits of production processes to assure current production meets expectations of defined requirements.
- Participates in customer complaint reviews and 8-D process for completing corrective actions.
- Contributes to and supports the existence of a positive work environment through personal involvement by communicating, interacting and behaving in a manner that promotes productive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, customers, and others with whom such relationships are important to the success of company operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Solid benefits
For immediate consideration, please send us your current resume.