Requisition Number: FACIL02030
- Sustain preventative maintenance programs on heating and cooling systems, cranes, compressors, parts washers, hose making equipment, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Perform necessary repairs of HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Installation and repair of electrical service for equipment and offices.
- Remodeling of existing office space.
- Maintain water recycling and oil/water separating systems to comply with city and state guidelines for discharge.
- Organize and prioritize work orders.
- Oversee outside vendor performance working on Cashman property.
- Perform minor electrical repair, i.e., replacing lamps, sockets, ballast, exhaust fans and other fixtures.
- Assist in office organizing, i.e., hanging pictures, bulletin boards, building shelves.
- Perform landscape maintenance, i.e., pruning, weeding, general grounds keeping.
- General maintenance duties as needed.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day.™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Deliver Cashman’s “Best Customer Experience” for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of HVAC systems, allowing for repairs or adjustments of most systems up to, and including, relocating/replacing thermostats, changing filters, replacing relays or fuses in various roof-top units.
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems, allowing for repairs or adjustments up to and including: changing fluorescent ballasts, troubleshooting and repair of 120v/220v/480v 3-phase services, replacing electric motors, identify and replace lamps for all applicable fixtures. Ability to reset (adjust) time clocks and controls for various building systems is required.
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic and irrigation systems.
- Ability to problem-solve and perform assigned tasks without direct supervision.
- Working knowledge of OSHA safety standards.
- Ability to accurately read blueprints and schematics.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computer skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Quality and timeliness of preventative maintenance program to maximize equipment and facility performance and minimize down time and repair costs.
- Quality of work orders and special projects completed.
- Effectively participates as part of team, leading and assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Achieves a customer focus by delivering high-quality, cost-effective service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma, GED required.
- Trade school graduate preferred.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- Minimum four years’ experience in a maintenance trade, with strong knowledge of electrical, air-conditioning, plumbing and structural repairs.
- Must meet personal tooling requirements.
- Professional trade license preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Stand/walk 6-7 hours a day. Sit 1-2 hours a day.
- Occasionally lift 50 - 80 lbs.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Must be able to bend, squat and climb, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Must be able to work from man-lifts at various heights.
- Must be able to wear/utilize the complete range of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), to include respirators.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Shop areas with exposure to noise and dirt. Outside exposure to heat, cold, dust, dirt and noise.
- Valid Nevada Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.