Responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. Creates and maintains forecast incorporating information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, service and other business intelligence. Responsible for reporting and analysis to support the sales team in their efforts to better their customer forecasts.
- Maintain a 12-month rolling forecast, that supports the annual financial plan and budgeting process.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with multiple departments to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used to understand demand forecast drivers resulting in a demand forecast.
- Monitor business unit promotions, events and market conditions to ensure accurate demand plans.
- Assess the impact of market/customer changes or significant consumption variances in the demand plan and recommend appropriate revision and tactics.
- Own Demand to Forecast deviation review and adjustment in identifying risks and opportunities and challenge discrepancies.
- Develop, monitor, and review reports regarding forecast accuracy to business units and supply chain organization.
- Lead and own the S&OP discussion from a demand/forecasting perspective.
- Facilitate and manage demand planning/customer meetings
- Achieve consensus with the business side and the demand chain
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products and end of life phase outs.
- Identify and communicate approved short-term demand changes to supply planning.
- Interface with NPI process to provide demand planning support as well as understand forthcoming changes.
- Partner with production control and buyers in Taiwan in providing demand requirement inputs to the net build plan roll up.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives for the demand planning function.
- Maintain demand planning system
Two to Three years of experience in the bike industry. BA/BS college degree or its equivalent. APICS or other forecasting Certification preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts. Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office. This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process. Good facilitation skills are required.