Requisition Number: AFTER02351
*** $1,000 Recruitment Bonus *** Additional $2.00 per hour premium for Afternoon Shift ***
Are you passionate about protecting people’s lives, homes, and businesses? Do you want your job to be meaningful and make a difference? Do you want to work on a team that is the heart of the company? Guardian Alarm is looking for Afternoon Shift Monitoring Specialists that are empowered to take action to protect our customer’s life safety and livelihoods. Apply today to make a difference!
- This position will require in-person availability to work onsite from 3:30 PM - Midnight
- Includes weekends and some holidays as part of a regular schedule
Why work at Guardian?
- Hourly base pay starting at $16/hr. (or more depending on experience) plus attendance and stay bonus eligibility!
- Guaranteed 2 days off per week
- Specialized, paid training when you start AND ongoing – Guardian invests in You!
- Free home alarm program for employees
- Coverage rich benefits packages available for you and your family
- Retirement plan with 50% company match
- 8 Company paid holidays – if you work a holiday, you get 2x your normal hourly rate
- Monthly employee appreciation and recognition events
- Annual employee appreciation outings
- Employee referral bonuses – get paid to bring more people like you to work for or become a customer of Guardian!
- Monitor alarm signals; interpret and respond to alarm activations by dispatching police, fire, and medical authorities to prevent injury, loss of life, and/or property damage and notifying responsible parties of alarm activations.
- Notify customers of trouble, or other non-emergency signals that can include power failure, low battery, communication failure, temperature notifications, and any other signals that might indicate a problem or concern
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers. Follow all departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Answer and assess incoming telephone calls, transfer calls to the appropriate party/parties, and provide information to the customers.
- Record all necessary information on accounts pertaining to calls and/or alarms received
- Communicate clearly and calmly to provide all necessary information to internal and external customers, authorities, and responding parties.
- Participate in job-related training programs and meetings to continually refresh and update knowledge.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Regular and reliable attendance record
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills
- Ability to follow specific procedures and instructions
- 1-2 years of customer service experience required
- Being able to work in a team environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and find solutions and resolutions
- Ability to work flexible days and hours, including weekends and some holidays
- Ability to remain calm in a stressful environment