Intern-Data Management, Quality Assurance/Field Operations
The Quality Assurance group at Southborough has an opening for summer intern. Job duties include: Assistance with developing software tools (using MATLAB, python or R) that will facilitate complex analysis of consolidated water quality lab results, online analyzers and operational data. Possible projects may include development of spatial tools (GIS) for analysis and monitoring of distribution system water quality.
The preferred candidate will be at least a junior in a college degree program in environmental or water resource engineering, or a physics/chemistry/biology degree with strong data analysis experience. The candidate should have some scripting, coding and data management skills. Coursework in chemistry, hydraulics and statistics is helpful.
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Access required.
- Experience running data queries using SQL or other query application tools.
- Statistical and/or process modeling experience using R, MATLAB or other similar tools strongly preferred.
- Scripting and coding skills using Python, VB or other similar programming languages preferred.
- Interest in and ability to learn new data analysis tools quickly.
Works under the general supervision of the Program Manager, Data Management.
Esssential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and test report generation tools that will allow fully automated integration of various water quality data sources.
- Develop scripts to automate analysis and data visualizations for real time analysis of water quality data.
- Develop scripts using MATLAB or other tools to automate report generation.
- Write and verify data queries using SQL or other query application tools.
- Assist with various other water quality data collection, analysis and modeling projects as skills and time allow.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Work Location: MWRA, Western Operations, 268 Boston Road, Southborough, MA.
- Compensation: $14.00 - $17.00 per hour based on education level.
- Work Schedule: Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Internship Period: Jan. - June (with some flexibility)
How to Apply:
Apply online at www.mwra.com.
Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, sexual orientation gender identity or expression, or veteran status.