The purpose of this role is to support the Doctor in the routine practice of optometry under the general direction and supervision of the Store Manager and within the scope of state law and the policies of For Eyes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical and demographic history, and confirming insurance coverage and eligibility
- Prepares patients for examination through chart preparation, pre-testing and reporting patient history summary to the Doctor.
- Assists with contact lens insertion, removal and care compliance training.
- Provides general optometric office duties including but not limited to: answering telephone, appointment scheduling, collecting fees and generating receipt for visit, office supply maintenance, contact lens diagnostic stock supply maintenance, overall office cleanliness and appearance, equipment maintenance, and general troubleshooting.
- Comply with policy, procedures, and federal, state and local regulatory requirements like but not limited to privacy, discrimination, safety and labor. Report non-compliance observations and concerns accurately and promptly.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records and keeping patient information confidential.
- Maintain accurate filing of patient records.
- Serves and protects the clinical practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements.
- Enhances the reputation of the practice as well as overall patient satisfaction and loyalty by accepting ownership for patient requests. Explores opportunities to add value.
- Protect all Company assets, including inventory, cash, credit card drafts, bank deposits and equipment.
- Follow proper procedures when accepting checks and credit cards.
- Support the business using the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Participates in mandatory employee training programs.
- Assist co-workers as needed, including rendering assistance to retail associates in Non-ECA locations, as appropriate.
- Be able to understand and operate vision diagnostic machines.
- Project a positive attitude toward all company objectives and directives; demonstrate teamwork at all times, including attendance at staff meetings and other training or company functions as required. Continually promote, support and reinforce the For Eyes philosophy of the 3 C's: “Take care of the Customer, the Company and Co- workers.“
- Demonstrate dedication to honest and ethical business practices at all times.
- Uphold company standards to professional behavior in all business dealings.
- Successfully complete For Eyes training requirements in a timely manner.
- Foster Teamwork -- maintain a positive working relationship with your co-workers, supervisors, OD and OD staff that supports and contributes to exam growth, high capture rate, and delivering exam and overall store sales goal.
- Drive and Deliver Results -- Deliver and achieve individual stores' sales goal and established key indicator goals. Performance is measured on Sales Results and Growing the Business.
- Comply with company policy, procedures and regulatory requirements like but not limited to HIPAA, PCI-DSS, ADA. Report non-compliance observations and concerns accurately and promptly.
- Able to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Core Competencies Required:
- Customer Focus: provide superior services and deliverables by understanding the customer (internally and externally) and the community environment to promote loyalty.
- Execution Excellence and Reliability: effectively execute steps to produce a desired change to improve and grow the business.
- Flexibility/Open Mind: adapt well to changing conditions, new ways of thinking and perceptions in a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups to work effectively.
- Whole Leadership: lead myself and others to make a difference and deliver results in a responsible, authentic, resilient, inclusive and passionate manner.
- Team Effectiveness: adapt well to changing conditions, new ways of thinking and perceptions in a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups to work effectively.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Ethical Conduct
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer relations focused
- Handles customer complaints
- Listening skills
- Assist customer in making purchase decisions
- Handle transactions
- Fostering Teamwork
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Stress management
- Open to change
- Pursue training and development
- Contributes to build positive team spirit
Education and/or Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Occasional travel and work in different store locations in District
- Eye care/medical office experience*
Language Skills Needed:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (high level of English is a necessity)
- Fluency in languages other than English, preferred
Mathematical Skills Required:
Basic Math. Ability to accurately calculate the copay amounts and add additional services i.e visual fields or contact lens fitting fees.
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Tech savvy and good with Microsoft excel
Knowledgeable in medical software, such as Officemate.
On bullet one add “Insurance verification and billing (ICD-10 codes).
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- Optometric, ophthalmic or medical assistant certification preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Maintains a professional image
- High level of energy and ambition to realize a positive impact
- Assist with scheduling patients
Optometric or related experience preferred.
Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles normally used in the course of the duties of the position:
This role may routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands on the Role:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Includes lifting up to 35 lbs
- The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, co-workers and company. Must be able to exchange accurate and understood information in these situations
- Ability to move about the store to access sales floor, adjustment area, office machinery, etc.
- Repetitive hand and eye coordination and strength to make fine motor eyewear adjustments
- Adequate visual acuity to read lensometer, take eye measurements and product SKUs.
- Ability to remember and recall details like optics, promotions, insurance, and customer encounters
- Considerable data entry into a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Must be able to enter accurate information
- Constantly positions self to access customers, product, and computers, including frame racks and products under counters and inside cabinetry
- Occasionally ascend/descends a ladder for store maintenance, i.e. cleaning, change light bulbs etc.
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
- Your job generally include working in a optometry office.
- Your working conditions will usually be inside and involve long periods of standing or sitting.
- This job operates in a retail environment with merchandise displays and items available for purchase in inventory.
- The typical workweek is 40 hours long and may include evenings or weekend depending on the patients' needs. or weekend depending on the patients' needs. Part-time positions may also be available in this profession.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.