Candidate must be dedicated to providing outstanding customer service. Demonstrate understanding of and a strong personal commitment to reproductive rights, goals, and Planned Parenthood of Southwest & Central Florida's principles and philosophies.
The Health Center Assistant Back, under the direct supervision of the on-site clinician or physician, as well as the Health Center Manager, provides support for the clinical care of the patients. Skills required include, but are not limited to phlebotomy, injections and HIV counseling. Daily responsibilities will vary, as needed and as assigned. Must be able to educate and explain reproductive functions, contraceptives, STI, safer sex, HIV, and pregnancy options. Primary responsibility is to provide information and education to patients.
- 1. Provide education about reproductive function, contraceptives, STI, safer sex, HIV, and pregnancy options.
- 2. Be able to proficiently utilize Health Center software and hardware - run reports as directed.
- 3. Complete inventory supply requests and alert Health Center manager of supply needs.
- 4. Ensure exam room set up appropriate to visit type, and clean between patients.
- 5. See that all required forms are properly completed, check for accuracy and appropriate signatures, and see that coding is done promptly and correctly.
- 6. Must have a firm knowledge and understanding of internal policies, including, but not limited to: PPSWCF Medical Standards and Guidelines, Human Resources Policies, Infection Prevention and Lab Manual, and adhere to same.
- 7. Perform lab work and ensure that results are recorded on client charts for review by Health Center Clinician. Lab work includes, but is not limited to urine dipsticks, urine pregnancy tests, RH typing and hemoglobin.
- 8. Complete lab slips properly for tests performed outside health center including but not limited to: pap tests, gonorrhea and chlamydia, HPV, Quantitative HCG.
- 9. Complete follow up as directed by the Health Center Manager.
- 10. Accurately measure and document biometrics including weight, BMI, height, blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rate and oxygen saturation.
- 11. Be trained, certified and competent to provide pre- and post-HIV counseling.
- 12. Be trained and competent in Phlebotomy.
- 13. Be trained and competent to provide injections of non-controlled substance medications with clinician/physician approval.
- 14. Be trained and competent in PPSWCF and all other required trainings, familiarity and competency in utilizing the CAL (Center for Affiliate Learning)
- 15. Stock exam rooms, lab, and dispensary.
- 16. Maintains the Health Center in a neat and orderly fashion. Adhere to and implement pertinent State of Florida regulations, OSHA, and CLIA standards.
- 17. Assist with preparation of reports, as directed by the Health Center manager.
- 18. Assist Centralized Follow-up staff in administrative tasks.
- 19. Assist clinician/physician in colposcopy, cryotherapy, and abortion as needed.
- 20. May be required to travel to other sites within the affiliate.
- 21. Advocate for the mission of Planned Parenthood and respond to action alerts as presented by the Director of Public Affairs
- 22. Adhere to affiliate goals and policies on professionalism, wait time in-clinic and on the phone, and the system for addressing client complaints
- 23. Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue goals
- 24. Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity
- 25. Will be observed and evaluated, at minimum, on an annual basis.
- 26. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Surgical services: knowledge and understanding of abortion protocols, pre-abortion counseling and POC evaluation.
- Trained in accordance with Florida law for HIV counseling.
- Education: High school or GED required, Certified Medical Assistant preferred.
- Basic skills/knowledge: Must be committed to quality medical care, informed consent, and confidentiality. Must be sensitive to individual client need and problems. Must believe in voluntary family planning and reproductive choice and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience: One year of medical office experience or two years experience in a customer service role with the general public, preferred. Experience in a family planning setting, and knowledge of contraceptive technology preferred.
- Language Skills: Accuracy in verbal and written communications. Bilingual/Spanish/Creole helpful.
- Reasoning abilities: Proven ability to evaluate and determine appropriate course of action with fairness and accuracy.
- Equipment/Machine use: Medical and office equipment as appropriate including computer software, telephone, scanner, fax machine, and copier.
- Location/Travel/Physical: Reliable transportation to and from work, occasional in-state vehicle travel. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida is a non-smoker employer.
Planned Parenthood of Southwest & Central Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.