Software Developer - Hybrid
Req Number: 22-0208
This position offers an optional hybrid work schedule, working three days in our South Sioux City, Nebraska office and two days working from home.
Advance your Information Technology career at Great West Casualty Company, one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. We are looking to add a Software Developer to our IT department. Our established team of long tenured developers offers a dynamic atmosphere with changing priorities that reflect the shifting needs of the business.
We are looking for a motivated professional to train alongside a group of experienced developers. Here, you will find yourself challenged by the variety of programs and departments we work with daily - it's not just insurance. Most of the work on this development team focuses on Java-based programming and web development. You must be forward-thinking in designing, building, and maintaining IT solutions within project scope, budget, and deadlines.
- Formal education in MIS, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Experience in applications programming or education using Java or other object-oriented languages.
- Candidates of all experience levels are encouraged to apply.
- Proven ability to work both as part of a team and independently.
- Self-motivated, naturally curious, and eager to learn about emerging technologies.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- A 37.5 hour work week and hybrid work schedule.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid time off for vacation, personal holiday, sick leave, and leaves of absence including maternity/paternity leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in employee-led committees.
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
Location: South Sioux City, Nebraska
Great West Casualty Company is headquartered in a metro area that joins three states. Our corporate office is in South Sioux City, Nebraska, just across the Missouri River from Sioux City, Iowa, and North Sioux City, South Dakota, in a region nicknamed Siouxland. Recently selected as the 7th most livable small city in the U.S., Siouxland is home to more than 180,000 residents, offers affordable Midwest living, a vibrant downtown, a multitude of outdoor activities, live music, semi-pro sports, shopping, and more.
Who we are:
For over 65 years, Great West Casualty Company has provided premier insurance products and services to thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies across America. We have regional offices located around the country, and nearly 1,000 professionals are proud to call us an employer of choice. We are dedicated to the success, happiness, and wellness of our employees. If you are looking for a company where your contributions are valued, your continued learning is financially supported, and customer service is a priority, we want to talk to you. Apply today and join one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies as we help keep the nation's economy moving forward one mile at a time.
Great West Casualty Company
Great West Casualty Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New Employee Package